First Cam now working, need a couple of suggestions

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
I wanted to say thank you to everyone for your help in providing Instructions, Part #'s, PICS, and answering all of my questions. My 1st cam is completed all but adjusting the sensor range, andding a lock and camo. My problem yesterday was that I had plexiglass in front of the sensor which made the sensor not pick up anything, and I was wired to the wrong pin on the IC. Problems are resolved, but I wanted to know the following and would appreciate your help.

1. Is there any way to get around my camera flashing everytime I switch from LED to camera?

2. Any suggestions on mounting a lock and cable to my modified first aid box?

3. What do you guys use to decorate the outside of your cams? I bought some expensive camo tape and the stuff doesn't even stick.

4. Using the standard RS PIR, I am curious about the delays on Alarm and Chime. Chime seems to be longer, but how do I measure the delay time? Does the sensor need to see no movement for 6-30 seconds to reset, or does it need to see no movement for a few seconds, then it wait the 6-30 seconds to flash again? Hope I am making since here.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Congrats on getting the cam up and running. If i don;t swich between the "test mode" and "run mode" in the right manner mine will flash also. On mine after i switch on the "test mode" i turn on the power. After im sure that the cam is set where i want it by checking the red led, then i just swith over to the "Run mode" and it's all set. It sounds like you are correct on the modes for the sensor.  
As for a camo job and locking it to a tree you may want to look at mine. It is camoed useing real bark and gasket maker for water proof glue. I've had the cam in some real heavy rain and never lost and bark yet. You can walk right past it in the woods and never see it. Hope this helps. Mike

SouthernStyle

Reaction score
Mike,

That is a very good looking bark camo scheme.  What type housing are you using for your cams?

Scott

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 GOB,I wnet to Oreilly auto parts and they have several different colors of camo spray paint,its a little high but each can will last along time.There are so many ways to camo your cam,you are limited only by your imagination.

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Scott, That houseing is a outside timer box. They are used for hotwater tanks, Sprinkler systems, lights around pools and things like that. The whole timer just pops out and then you have a great box. This was given to me by my local hardware owner. He said the timer was shot but i could have the box for my trail cam. It really worked out great. Mike

davered1

Reaction score
GOB,

your camera should not fire if you wait until the LED goes out before you switch it and make sure you  don't trigger it while flipping switch.

does your camera fire when you flip if LED is OFF?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom