First cam using the 49-425 need help

Catfish

Reaction score
I am using the 49-425 , the board is working i think , the camera is a owl pf the problem is , according to the instructions the senser  should fire off 2 or 3 pic in 5sec mode with flash off.          
If the senser is turned to the 30 sec or the 5sec , it will fire only 1 pic with flash on or off . the camera does not fire multi times with the two wires held together is somthing wrong will it hurt anything?
What is a easy to build timer for this unit i would like to put it on a feeder every now an then.
Ps right now i have a 30sec or 5sec delay before the next shot with out a timer .

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Catfish, welcome to the forum. You will get it working and hope you have as much fun as I have had. I think it sounds like your sensor is fine. Mine trips every 5-7 sec and takes one pic at a time, each time there is movement after the delay. I also have heard of others having trouble on chime mode but mine only takes one pic at a time.As far as the camera with the two wires held together it will only fire once. As for timers go I think Brians works good with the RS sensor or the ms-20. Hope this helps. MC.

Brians timer and RS sensor

(Edited by MCinIL at 11:34 pm on July 16, 2002)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi Catfish, welcome to the Forum!

Congratulations on your 1st attemp at building a movement cam, sounds like you've come pretty far on it.

I'm not exactly clear on what you're saying tho......

You Said:
"according to the instructions the senser  should fire off 2 or 3 pic in 5sec mode with flash off"

and, you also said:
"the camera does not fire multi times with the two wires held together is somthing wrong"

I sure don't remember anybody saying the cam would fire multiple times when holding the trigger wires together???  where did you see this?  

For that matter, I don't remember anything being said about a 5 sec mode or Flash on or off, etc......  I must have missed something?

Thanx

Tinhorn

Catfish

Reaction score
Go to     How to Modify the Radio Shack Mini PIR alarm sensor   Third page
If the canon owl pf camera is set to "auto flash" mode, the radio shack 49-425 sensor will fire off 2 to 3 pics. you'll need to run the 49-425 sensor to a 555 timer like yotee and noluck said they do on theirs.    please look an see that i am not seeing things
Thanks

Ps, thats why i though it was not working wright
dang , i gust looked and tinhorn you are in the manual to I need help on a timer
Thanks

MBullism

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Catfish  and congrats on the cam.  If the peeps here can't solve your problems, you've got problems...

To me it sounds like things are working normal.  The only thing you didn't say was if the cam takes its one pic in either mode and locks up, or will take another pic when the PIR resets.  I don't think the camera cares about the flash mode...

(Tinhorn IS a big gun around here... They don't give six dots to just anyone, LOL)

<<edit>>

I was pretty sure that holding the button down on my PF, even in autoflash mode (I run mine in forced flash), would only fire one pic.  So...ran downstairs to prove it to myself.  crossed two wires, one pic.  held them for two minutes, nothing.  I think the owl will "time out" if you hold the shutter 3 3-1/2 minutes though...  similar results with forced flash, and with the flash off.

<<edit>>

oops.. you did say you get a 5 (chime?) or 30 (alarm?) second delay before the next pic  (It's early and my brain still has a little dew on it, LOL)  I think you're o.k.

(Edited by MBullism at 6:34 am on July 17, 2002)

(Edited by MBullism at 6:37 am on July 17, 2002)

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Catfish. I use the RS PIR and it sounds to me that it is working fine. Mine only takes one pic at a time. Once the PIR resets and the flash charges back up does it fire again when triggered? If it does than your fine, if it doesn't let us know because you have something wrong.Anyhow good luck and post some pics when you get your first roll developed. Look forward to seeing them.LOL

MBullism

Reaction score
Snuffysmith is having the multiple pic problem in another thread (using a pentax cam...).  I wonder if it's a function of the camera that the owl PF is immune to?

(Edited by MBullism at 8:20 pm on July 17, 2002)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Stars and Famous,  ha ha,  all that really means is I'm a Blabber Mouth on this forum, those stars are from burning eye-balls that spend too much time staring at circuit boards and Computer Monitors, along with getting ahold of the dreadfull Owl PF's Flash Capacitor, have you tried that yet????

My Membrain finally was jarred enough to recollect the multiple pix taking some folks have when using the RS PIR in Chime Mode, apparently not all experience this problem.  (it's not a Feature by the way)

As far as Owl PF Flash Mode is concerned, there won't be any difference in the function of the camera, as far as snapping pix's.   Most times, the Owl PF will flash whether or not it's in Force Flash Mode or not because enough light is shut-off from the Camera's light sensor by the "Enclosure" to make the cam think the flash is needed....  I like my cams to flash anyway, for "Fill In"

Timers
There are several guys making Timer's (actually Camera Control Units) that will work with about any PIR, the RS PIR included.  There is a way tho, to modify the RS PIR so that it utilizes a built-in timer if you want.  I'd recommend one of the Cam Controller Units but here is a link to review if you want to modify the RS PIR.

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/cgi-bin/i...&topic=1613

Tinhorn

Top Bottom