first cam wiring question

mudroller

Reaction score
I have a canon owl pf date and am using Rs 49-425 pir and a ammo container. Question is, on Jesse's diagram (for trail cam only camera) it has a green wire coming off the reed relay, does that one go to the camera shutter trigger or is that the common that goes to pin #4? I wired it to the shutter trigger, but wanted to double check before I plugged it all in. It all went together pretty easy other than that. It took 2 hours except for custom paint job to be done during daylight hours tommorow. Thanks in advance. Mudroller Fairfield, Ca.

Possum

Reaction score
It does not matter which one it is wired to because the reed is simply closing and "shorting" the two wires together.  That activates the PF and makes it take a picture.  It is like taking the two wires coming from the camera and touching them together manually.  Let us know how it turns out.

mudroller

Reaction score
OH GOD, IT WORKS!!! Istayed up untill 3 am last night soldering, after reading your post, I plugged it in. I can't wait to finish the camo paint job and get it out in the field. I know this spot where hogs and deer go thru the fence to get to the almonds orchards. Now the first cam is built I have 2 more to solder up. Kudos to all you guys!!!

Possum

Reaction score
Where are you from?  I don't think I've ever seen an almond tree.  

mudroller

Reaction score
I'm from  Fairfield, California, half waybetween Sanfrancisco and Sacramento, the home of Travis AFB. Many almond orchards up and down the Sacramento valley. The hogs go out and eat the almond the harvester knocks onto the ground. They kill the weeds, scrape the ground flat, and a machine goes down the rows and shakes the crap out of the tree until the almond fall off, then a sweeper picks up the almonds, if the pigs don't get them first.

Top Bottom