First Camera Works, but have question

cgchris99

Reaction score
I developed my first roll and have pictures for two deer and some coons.

But, all my pictures are night time only.  This seemed strange that I would not have any pictures during the day.

It could be coincidence (sp?) but I have ten pictures of the same doe so it used up the roll pretty fast.  Only one pic with nothing in it but see the edge of a deer in a picture 1 minute later.

Thanks for any advice.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Depending on where your camera is located, that is not strange at all. I would guess that 90% of my pics are taken during darkness. If you are using some sort of bait to attract the deer, try setting your camera off the bait area, but close enough to get the deer coming and going. Try setting up your camera in an area that the deer are moving through and not standing around very long. A trail would work well.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Also, even on a trail with no corn/bait. Sometimes deer see the flash and hear the cam and it takes them a while to move out of range.

The only thing I noticed about the night shots is that's when all the big bucks are moving.

troll

Reaction score
Are you using the MS20?  If you are, it needs to be in the "test" position or you need to put a piece of black electrical tape over the light sensor which is next to the pir sensor.  Just a guess.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
the last roll I developed had 20 exposures, all nite time animals except one,  a buck at 11 am but I agree with StringShooter,  most of mine are nite time deer, no wonder I don't see nuthin'

Advertisement

Top Bottom