First ever cam ruined

stanman

Reaction score
Well had a bad day yesterday went to check my cam (first one i built) opened the case and it was chock full of ants  both the case and the cam .There was more ants than Carter has little liver pills.even the inside of the cam itself was full of eggs and ants well i took everything apart and cleaned it but the cam seems to be finished i dont know if the little buggers shorted something out or what.to bad got some real nice pics with this old cam.we have had an extra rainy summer so far i dont know if this has anything to do with it or not.anyhow i replaced the cam and its back out today .onward and upward.anyone else ever have this problem?:cry-blue::cry-blue:

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
stanman, sorry for your loss. The first one is like family. I lost my first one also but to my own construction. It rained for weeks and it slowly filled up where the wrong adhesive was used. Oh well learn from mistakes and move on. Good luck with your other ones. MC.

woodsman

Reaction score
sorry to here it or read it , my condolence  :cry-blue:

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Sorry about the cam.

Hey MC, or anyone else,  Have you ever use a drain hole .  It would let the water out, but I guess it would be a front door for the ants.

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Sorry bout that Stan. What kind of case was it? Could you tell where the ants were gettng in?

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
This is one reason to make sure that your case is air tight. One thing that i do is run two or three wraps of black tape around the lid and body just as an extra seal. The tape (Electricians ) is cheap and easy to take off when you are ready to remove the film.
Sure hate to hear about your cam and hope you can keep them little buggers out.Is it the smell of the film that attracts them or what? Mike

rutnduck

Reaction score
just a thought, has anyone ever tried to put Terro (great ant killer) near their cams.  It's scent free for the most part, ants eat it and carry the boric acid back to the queen which kills the nest. You can buy it at Ace Hardware.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
That reminds me of once when I took apart a deer feeder clock when it quit working.  I was in my shop sitting down and opened up the clock and a wad of ants fell into my lap.  You would have thought I had been shot with a 300 mag.  I bailed out of that chair and went over it in a split second.

The shock of the ants being in there got me good.:rofl

Sorry for you loss.

(Edited by Brian at 10:42 am on June 24, 2002)

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Haven't had any ants, but I've had something chew the covers off my switchs. They like the red ones.

Sorry to hear about your cam.

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
I have a heart breaker tooo!!! Ill confess.....Im embarressed......sniffel sniffel.......waaaaaaaaaaaa...I lost 2 cams to a jake leg "Im sure i can do this" solder guy....waaaaaaa, and i feel so bad about it too..he is like.........another me..... oh its was me. I should have never hired that guy. ewwwwwwwww   those eyes!!!! that grin!!! that lil smirk as he sed they are just fine......

oh well ive done worst i reckon...lol live and learn

steve "The solder guy"

stanman

Reaction score
Hi all i have my sensor mounted outside a stainless steel switch box its watertight but the little guys got in through the small air vent on the bottom of the sensor near as i can tell.When i opened the door and they came boiling out talk about the heebie jeebies .But we are back in the game......Stan

Top Bottom