First fish on a fly rod

mike1781

Reaction score
View attachment 87990
Not sure if you can see it or not, but I caught my first fish on a fly rod...lol Went up for the opener, conditions were horrible, snowing, raining, windy. Still was nice waking up to see the snow capped Sierras.

Beastmode

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
Sweet, they will only get bigger, so we will be expecting more pics in the future.
It's difficult to tell from your pic, but it appears that there is plenty of snow in those upper elevations.

inchr48

Reaction score
Well done!

You know, the way to a fisherman's heart, is through his fly .....................

VideOD

Reaction score
Nice!! I think everyone that has a pulse is ready to go fishing now.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

MariotheBarber

Reaction score
You're gonna need a bigger boat! Haha just kidding man, thats always a good feeling, your first fish on a new pole. I bought a Martin fly fishing kit on clearance at wally world, but its still sitting in the package. I need to bust that thing out, I've never fly fished before..

k_rad

Reaction score
Very nice Mike! You have to check out SPFF Sierra Pacific Fly Fishers. You will find lots of great fishing companions and they will show you all of the secret spots in the Eastern Sierras...

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Congrats Mike wtg, wait till u get a big one it's a good fight on the fly line. I have to fix the ring guide on my fly pole and get back at it my self.....tra

mike1781

Reaction score
Sorry for late reply, works been crazy! Thx for the motivating words! Like I said conditions were horrible! Even got a sneaky surprise barb check from game wardens. Being an officer myself I was quite impressed with their sneakiness lol

billfish3r

Reaction score
Congratulations Mike! I wish I could see your picture though. Your post made me want to fish this weekend and use my new TideWe Lightweight Hip Wader. Good luck on your future fishing trips!

P304X4

Reaction score
Tried to open the attachment and got a msg that the page couldn't be found.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
I always get a kick out of newbie first time posters reaching out to ghost members on these old threads, especially if they r waiting for a reply. ....lo but hey u never no unless u try.
Let's see my first post on jho was the new member introduction thread does that make sense......tra

Top Bottom