first hunt no turks

redneckfowler1

Reaction score
This week I went on my first turkey hunt with my dad and bro it was their first hunt as well I plan to go out at least 2 or 3 more times this season but that is a little bit of optimistic planning I know that I am going at least one more time and If I can talk my dad into it, I'll skip a couple of days of school and go out for some turkey hunting..  but I highly doubt that will happen but it's worth a try.  I think I am the most motivated hunter in my house, Im the only one who doent mind getting up before the sun gets out of bed.  Are there any turkey hunting outfitters in california.  I want to learn from someone who knows what they're doing.  thanks

Tominator

Reaction score
Hey Redneck, save your money and pick the brains of the guys here. There's a ton of knowledge and experience available here and it's free of charge! Keep after the old man and the bro to take you. If you can go on your own do so, if not find someone who will let you tag along. All the talking and typing is great, but the birds are the best teachers. Promise me one thing though, that you'll give these birds the utmost respect. Don't worry about putting pressure on yourself to kill a bird, it ain't worth it in the long run. Obey all game laws and demand the same of those you hunt with. Show the birds and the sport the respect they deserve and you will be rewarded. One more bit of wisdom and I'll let you go, the true measure of a man is what he does when no one's looking. Live by that and you'll do fine. Good luck!
Tominator X  

Top Bottom