First hunt of the year pays off

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while, mostly because I haven't been shed hunting. I really enjoy looking at everyones pictures though.

Went out yesterday for the first time all year, the snow is finally gone from everywhere but the north slopes. I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted one side from the buck I was targeting this past fall(150 class non-typical). I would have given anything to find the other side. Well about 7 hours later and almost 1 mile away I found it. Along the way we ended up finding 3 more fresh ones from young bucks, and one side to a 12pt I had pictures of from 2005. It ended up being a great day. Once the snow melts I will be hitting the northern slopes as well. The only bad part was finding a large bodied dead buck that had shed already.

Attachments

deershed

Reaction score
Great day,Congrats!!
That's great when you find a shed your looking for and great looking sheds.Hope when the rest of your snow melts you'll find more.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Nice work!
It's cool to have a pic and then the sheds.

MULIES4EVER

Reaction score
That is a nice buck. He looks real heavy. Shame the critters got to it first. A nice find at any rate.

Kurtish

Reaction score
Wow that buck from your cam is a stud! Congratulation on finding his sheds....sometime I think it's more fun than actually shooting them. Hope you get a chance to see what he looks like this fall.

Top Bottom