First muley down!

Georgia Archer

Reaction score
So after moving to Cali 4 ys ago, and so far only doing a little turkey and rabbit hunting... I finally decided to try and unlearn how to hunt whitetails and get a deer tag out here. I was beginning to think I was going to be eating the typical newbie tag soup, but on the last day of the season for G-10 (Camp Pendleton) this little guy came running right at me almost in to my lap after a few grunt calls. It's like he wanted to go home with me or something... WISH GRANTED!

Journeyman

Reaction score
Nice job man, I've been trying to get my brother in law to hunt Pendleton but he's been deployed so much he's gone most hunting seasons.

Congrats on your first California deer.

dc83

Reaction score
Congratulation, G10 is a great place to hunt. I will miss it as I just EAS'd in October

thewolfman

Reaction score
That's gonna be a good eater... Congratulations

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Congrats on getting it done wtg.
Yep a mature well seasoned survivor whitetail buck is definitely a worthy challange especially with a bow. Now that I am back on the east cost hopefully next year I can make it up to our northeast property to bowhunt them again a nice 150 class bc buck would make me happy....
Hete u go Adam32 whitetails....tra

Last edited:

adam32

Reaction score
I read the initial post wrong, I thought it said "learn" to hunt whitetails so I was wondering where in Cali has whitetail lol

I've shot at least 10 whitetails the last 5 years, great meat and a hoot to hunt!!!

boar slayer

Reaction score
good job on the buck witch do think is a harder hunt white tails or mule deer in california

frankiecruzer

Reaction score
Congrats that's where I got hooked on hunting. Good old Pendleton.

2015 Matthews Z2
28in draw at 60lbs with truglo Rival Hunter sights
Carbon Express with Montecs
Ripcord cord red rest

USMC Semper Fi

Remingtion 887 and 770
Marlin 30-30

Revo2811

Reaction score
Congrats meat in the freezer

Man of few words

Georgia Archer

Reaction score
good job on the buck witch do think is a harder hunt white tails or mule deer in california
I think neither is more difficult than the other... I think when you've been hunting mainly one species in one type of terrain your whole life and you step out of your comfort zone, that makes for a challenging hunt. I will say there are way more deer back east, so based off pure numbers you do have a better shot there, though. The deer in my profile pic was actually taken in a suburb of Atlanta in 15 acre patch of woods with buckshot during the rut. I don't how many "suburban" deer there are out here!

Top Bottom