First Nice Lunker Bucketmouth For 2019!

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
It was a almost perfect day yesterday around 75 pretty calm I hit up wally mart in the morning and decided to try a different style soft plastic a brush hawg style bait .
Around 2 pm I get to my first pond and a few cast later I get a hook up on a nice 4 lb lunker with the brush hawg for the start of 2019, reeled it in snap some pics abd released it back in the pond to fight another day.
So happy because winter time bass fishing can be very tuff butt this has been a exceptional winter for me.
At another pond I there was a small bass sitting on a bed at the edge of the bank ( it seems the smaller ones r getting early pre spawn spots already)
So the water was a few ft clear I drop the brush hog on its bed and start dancing it in front of the basses face and it started getting adjatated and within 5 min. I got reaction hit and had it on the bank. I am really good at bed hookups.
Then at this little pond I hardly fish it always had low productivity i kept casting but nada then all if a sudden I see 2 huge lunkers cruiz the bank I cast put but they didn't care at all so it's evident they r starting to mate up and getting ready for the spawn which is in about 2 more months.
As I walk down the bank more I spot more pairs of lunkers cruising I get so excited but none wanted nothing to do with hitting the dinner bell.
So today I will go back to that pond just as it gets dark and see if I can get them to strike then. I swear I saw at least 8 lunkers all aroun 4 and 5 lb. Cruising in pairs. If they don't hit now they will b within the next 2 months.
I am excited because it will b double digit bass hitting agian and another year trying to get one on the bank.
Thnx 4 following my post!.......tra

Last 3 pics is the one off the bed...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
So I haven't been out since I Cought this fish a few days ago and had a bad itch to back to that small pond with the lunkers I saw. so I took my fishing scooter to that pond and started creeping easy along the bank looking for some big long ridge lunkers backs basking along the bank edge and after 60 yrds I spot one and back off and cast out my sticko jig set up and slowly reel it in towards the buckmouth stop and pause it, it stares at it and it sucks it up easy rurbs away skowly and bam I get a good hook set on my braid pole set up, it gave a little fight for sure but got it up on the bank for some pics and released it back in nicely.
Wow this is my second lunker of 20 19 already, man do I know how to ring their dinner bell....lol
I am so stoked because this time of year is when it's tough to get them to strike in this pre spawn cycles but now i know thier behavior cycles pretty good i can always figure a way to get them to bite like I did today.
Well enjoy the pics.....tra

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

canamrider07

Reaction score
You're getting a good workout hauling those big bass in. Very nice.

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
Sweet! Your posts are making me want to go fishing, haven't been in months.

P304X4

Reaction score
Nice looking fish...what area are the ponds in?

Top Bottom