First night pics and a whew!

ArrowFlinger

Reaction score
I was on here a month ago or so and everyone helped me figure out my set up problem (new rechargeable batteries that needed to cycle a couple times). Checked the cam again and had a ton of pictures. All does again, but my first night pics that came out good, and my first human pic. It is public ground and as close as they walked by figure they saw it, but sure didn't show any interest in figuring out what it was.

Question...I still haven't messed around with the gasked around my camera lens and you can still see the corners of it. I'm using the software that pixcontroller sent with the boards and I can't seem to find a way to crop of parts of the pic. I'm right at the posting limit on here and tried to resize like I saw listed on previous posts but the quality drops off a lot. So would rather cut off the edges that aren't needed anyway to reduce the size. Any help with what I'm missing? Oh yeah, I saw the size of the file gets a lot bigger when you try to add the date stamp too? So how is everyone else on here doing it?

Attachments

thehunter

Reaction score
LUCKY, LUCKY, I bet he did not see the unit. If he did it probably would not be there when you went to pick it up.

I use another program to edit so I can not answer your question on the cropping with that program.

Good luck.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
What's he got in the vest? Morels still out? Too early for ginseng isn't it? Squirrels?

Nice pics too.

W

wildebeast

Arrowflinger...

Almost all the photo programs have a tool for cropping. Take a family pic and work with it. Be sure that when you go to file --then to save as-- save it as a copy so you can keep the original.

I cropped it in photo shop elements and lightened it some. Nice picture.

I would be sure to get off the main trails on public land, you are lucky to have a cam.

cliff

Attachments

ArrowFlinger

Reaction score
The vest threw me too when I first looked since I figured it was just someone scouting. I does look like he's got a gun on his shoulder, so looked and squirrel season is open. Weird thing is, the camera is further in than where I had my stand all of last season and never saw a single person up there the whole year. Of course never knew what went through in the middle of the day. It is python locked on the tree, so am more worried about it being destroyed than stolen. Had it out there about amonth and no buck pics just tons of does, so gonna move it soon anyway.

I'll keep messing with the cropping, have a different program at work and have cropped many times, so maybe it's just still a matter of figuring out how. Have a good one everybody!

jayber

Reaction score
As close as that picture appears to have been, how could he not have seen it? Good thing for you that one was 'honest'. I'd be sure to move it, however. The next one may not be.

Good lookin' pic too BTW!

Outhouse

Reaction score
You can also use 'Paint' (Paint Brush) under Windows-Accessories to crop and resize.

To reduce a photo image size, with XP I just right click on the jpg file,'send to', 'mail recipient' and it defaults with asking 'make all my pictures smaller' and then email them to myself. It reduces them quite a bit, no special software needed and no thinking required(my favorite
)

pocomoke

Reaction score
Yeah I would go move that thing asap.Maybe he walked close to it thinking it would only get his lower body and not his face but that would be enough to let you know he saw it.I guess if he was walking around looking in trees for rats then he could have missed it but too close for me.

Remember last year the cam pics of trespassers taking a dump in front of cam and cam was like 20 feet in air?I think the guy went back the next day and climbed up there and stole the cam..

Latest Posts

Top Bottom