First Pictures (Bambi)

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Here they are: My first trail pictures ever with the Owl PF & Radio Shack PIR.  Beginners luck, Jesse's WebPages, and all the help I received here on the Forum made it possible.  Thanks guys.  The Owl's glossy prints are picture perfect, but I had to lay them on a piece of white paper and take another picture of them with a low cost digital camera. When I learn how you guys digitize your pics I will follow up. I would like to know how to correct the mistakes I made.  Five out of the eleven pictures were empty with no animal.  Also, there is something about these pics that just don't look as good as the other pics I've seem posted.

Click here for 1st Photos

(Edited by Richard Webb at 9:03 pm on June 7, 2001)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Well, I tried and tried to get a pix of a fawn with spots and be the 1st with really good ones to post.....

Richard.....you beat me.....Congrats

I think most all of us use a "Scanner" to digitize the photos, to put the pix's on the forum, if that's what you mean....

Unfortunately, you will get some "False Alarms" and no pix's of animals no matter what, but double check these items:

be sure and face the cam NORTH to prevent  the sun from triggering it in the AM and PM  

Don't aim it at Cedars, if possible, since they seem to cause problems too

Also, Windy Days may give "lots" of false alarms,

as will rain, but not as bad as wind

Tinhorn

gizz

Reaction score
Richard, I too have been trying to get a fawn pic and have had no luck as of yet. Nice Job!

BTW, the pics look fine although a scanner would probably help some. I wouldn't worry about it for now, we can see them fine.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Richard,
I have a truly bad picture of a fawn that was taken by random chance with an early version trail-cam of mine that used a small switch mounted under some bait to trigger the cam (I was trying for bear, coyote, fisher, etc).  The fawn just happened to step on the switch.
Like most of the pics I get, it of such low quality that it is too embarassing to show around :)
I'd love to get some good fawn pics with my newer cams - but no luck so far.

Archilochus

stanman

Reaction score
Excellent pic Richard. I would love to get a pic like that.   congrats  Stan

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Neat fawn pics Richard. I've been hoping for some fawn pics this spring and no luck yet. I think I had one but it was momma who set off the cam and I got just a little butt in the corner of the pic.

I scan the pics from Wal-Mart  1 hour photo on my HP scanner. If you can stand the wait, Wal-Mart will put you pics on a floppy or CD-ROM and even put them on the Internet for you to retrieve them. The floppies are low resolution and the CD-ROM ones are better resolution pics.

Top Bottom