First pig hunt

shadowlawnskysthelimit

Reaction score
Went on my first hunt this last weekend, was invited to a club in Colinga. Did not take or see any pigs. Lots of sign, but no luck. Did have a cool experience Sat. night though, heard some pigs grunting to my right side, maybe 25 yards away in thick brush. I had my back to a pine tree so I kept turning slowly as they moved passed hoping they would come out into the open. No such luck! After a few minutes I could no longer hear them, so I turned back to the shooting lane that was nice and clear. 5 minutes later a couple of quail snuck up behind within a few yards, finally realizing I was there they flushed, scared the crap out of me, lol. Had a great time with some nice people in a beautiful area. Weather was wild!! Looking forward to another trip.

What guides out there do you guys recommend that charge a reasonable price with a better than avg. chance of taking a pig, no huge trophy, just a good size eater. More into meat than size!!! I live on L.A./O.C. line so can go any direction! Thanks for any input!!

Flatbroke

Reaction score
Glad you had a good time. Are you looking for rifle or bow hunt?

Flatbroke

Reaction score
No advertising that I know of but these people stay booked, their deer hunts are sold out from now until who knows when. First class operation, cabin and cooked food provided (good food steaks and such). you can bow hunt or rifle hunt, you can do meat hog hunts or trophy hunts. If you dont get a pig its not because you didn't have plenty of opportunity. I believe the price is under 800 bucks for meat hogs. sweet ranch. I wish they had a web site people would be impressed.

831-801-3623.

PORCH

Reaction score
RnJ Wild hog hunts is out of Coalinga. They are a new member on the forum and advertise at the top of the pages. There is a thread going on titled "One from this Weekend" (I think). I'm sure that you shoot them an email and they could give you more details. Also there is Deedy who is also a member on here. She runs a first class organization and that can be validated by the many members on this site who have hunted with her. Her screen name is Bryson Hesperia Resort. If you do a search, you can find old threads about her place. The other place that I know of is Twissleman Outfitters. They have very successful hunts and are located out of Santa Margarita I believe. The ranch borders the Carrizo Plains national monument. I beleive they have a website that you can search for in order to contact them. If you were to hunt with them, a bonus would be getting to see some of the exotics that roam around there and also the tule elk and pronghorn herds.

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Shadow,

I agree with porch that you should try RNJ out of Coalinga. Have hunted that country for years and is loaded with game. Last weekend was my first hunt on their ranch. I never saw that many trophys in a weekend. If you wanted a meat pig there were plenty of those as well. I have already booked two more hunts on the Ranch and am working on getting a third and fourth group together. Randy and Jay run a first class operation on a first class ranch. You can see the story and pics from that hunt under "weekend hunt" in this same forum. You won't be disappointed. And how can you beat guides that are the third and fourth generation to grow up on the ranch? That and I think it is important to support those that advertise on the site when possible. Here is a little teaser for ya...

socalkid

Reaction score
I agree with PORCH about Twissleman Outfitters. The price is hard to beat for a meat pig. He is located outside of Santa Margarita. I have hunted there and was sucessfull and saw a LOT of pigs. Great hunt and the guide, Nolan Twissleman, is a great guide. Just do a Google for Twissleman Outfitters and check out his website.

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
did i read that correctly that someone is getting 800dollars for a meat pig?
no disrespect,just wish i could get somebody
to pay that kind of cash for A pig,i,d quit my job and hunt full time!!!

do a search bro on this topic.you will come up with many well qualified outfitts to
take you out,let us know what you end up doing and good luck on dropping the hammer

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
I know RNJ charges $600 and that is for a guided hunt, and you are guaranteed an opportunity. No trophy fees, furnished cabin, showers, satellite, gun range, the works!

troutndeer

Reaction score
Hatchet1, do you allow trespass hunts on your land? I have seen some of the amazing pigs you haven taken and it got me thinking.

Top Bottom