First post

mickeyc155

Reaction score
:( I have been here before and was looking for other disabled hunters to talk to. I am an 100% disabled Vet. I spent 19+ years in the USAF and was separated with less than a year to retire. But, it worked out in Gods time and my retirement is back. My issue is the difficulty to hunt when your knees went south for good. I live in NM and most of the people I with cannot understand my mobility is shot. At least here we have mobility impaired hunts but getting someone to go with you is a real pain. I have a back to match my knees and I can't drag or pick up much weight any more...Do you have any inventive ideas how to overcome this problem. I'll still hunt regardless but getting past my boss of 40 years is another
story. I am 6"5" and the boss I mean wife is 5"2" guess who's in charge.........:lol bashing sign: Hope to stay in touch with this fine group of men and women.. God Bless Jess

solus

Reaction score
welcome and thank you for serving our country I respect all our soldiers Im sorry about your disability.:cry-blue:

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
I'm not disabled, but I wish I was nearby...I'd love to take you up on a hunt. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE and I hope you adjust to your disability well.

catchdog

Reaction score
Take a strong kid with you that wants to learn how to hunt. He gets to learn and you get some help. Kills two birds with one stone. When I was a kid I would go help a guy cut fire wood and he would take me hunting. It was win win. I wish I was closer to you I would be happy to go hunt with you. But I live in Ohio.
Can you use a 4 wheeler and wench in NM.

Top Bottom