First time trail cam use with a couple pics...

CODE3RUN

Reaction score
I put my trail come up for the first time and I was expecting it to get stolen because it was not hidden very well. I captured a few hikers and these..TRAILCAM 002.jpgTRAILCAM 003.jpgTRAILCAM 006.jpgTRAILCAM 005.jpg

Pumpa

Reaction score
looks like you found something to go hunt ha, congrats tho i always here about cams stolen here in cali

huntingbret

Reaction score
Yep, I was one of the unfortunate ones who had one stole too. That's $100 down the drain and it was my first time putting it up too. Darn thief! LOL

JMS

Reaction score
That really sucks that we have to worry about stuff being stolen!! I put up a tree stand this year in A22. Hopefully it'll be there when I go down next week. I think it would be harder to steal but you never know these days.

CODE3RUN

Reaction score
I ended up using trigger cable locks to lock it up and really just break the plastic tabs off it you want it that bad. It was in plain view and like I said even captured two hikers passing by. They both had heads turned the other way so they may have not even seen it. Oh well for 1st trail cam pics it was fun. I left it up for almost 2 days.

Ridn9high

Reaction score
Game cameras are fun to put out. It keeps me wondering when I go to check, hoping to catch something big. Try setting it on a game trail away from where people are, or a water hole. Not sure on the California game laws but if it's legal, dump out a bag of corn and see what comes into it. I know it is illegal to hunt over the corn(bait), but not sure on the laws about feeding the wildlife there. Never reasearched it when I was living in the state. Good luck and hopefully you catch something nice on the camera

ManCalledHorse

Reaction score
yeah, no baiting in California. I read a post on here that the DFG actually closed off the area where the baiting happened for a while until the animals stopped coming. Darn... lol

Rob P.

Reaction score
You can't hunt over bait but is there something in the code which would prevent a handful of corn in front of a fixed game camera for the purpose of taking pictures of wild animals? What if the dirty deed were done out of season?

Aught-SixGuy

Reaction score
Well if the corn were part of a science expirement that had nothing to do with animals but the animals happened by... Lol

BAJA

Reaction score
[h=4]§251.3. Prohibition Against Feeding Big Game Mammals.[/h]No person shall knowingly feed big game mammals, as defined in Section 350 of these regulations

T_A_K

Reaction score
That's great it didn't get stolen I have been pondering the idea of putting up a camera hopefully if/when I do it doesn't get stolen.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom