First timer in the sweatline @ wister help?

bigfoot1488

Reaction score
Well its been awhile since ive been hunting and Im excited after dove opener to get back into waterfowl. but never been to the sweatline @ wister on opening day. got a ressie for sun. so goin to make a weekend out of it. what should i expect as far as waitin period to get out there. and is there a posibility of not gettin on sat? thanx guys.

Chris

Reaction score
Be prepared for a long wait...if you're lucky you'll get on early, but most of us won't. Bring bug spray, sunscreen, water, snacks, and a whole bag of patience. Use your time wisely and it will pay off on Sunday.

Good luck!

Z-man

Reaction score
See Bodi's post a few down the page about some info.

If you aren't gonna be there friday night to get in the line, go chase quail in the morning and refill in the afternoon.

YTSlayer

Banned
Reaction score
How easy is it to do a "walk-on" on Wednesdays? Never got to hunt during the week before and since I got laid off I think I'm going to be doing a lot of Wednesdays at Wister :)

HereDuckyDucky

Reaction score
I sweated the opener at Wister the last two years and was able to get on both times. It all depends on what you pull. I think my number were high double digits both years.

RW

DukeMaster

Reaction score
get there before10:30pm friday night and enter the non-res dwg at the checkstation. They will post the numbers on the window and you can determine where your at in the draw. If your way down you might try checking out some spots near the edge of the sea, excercising caution in that mud.

chris_s

Reaction score
i pretty much sweat line the whole season. don't worry you will get on. have fun. i won't be going til Wedsday. i feel a little sick that day.

bigfoot1488

Reaction score
thanx fellas ill be there before 1030 . see you you guys there good luck.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom