First Yote

EVAN III

Reaction score
  I went out to try and call in some yotes sunday. Seeing as I have never called in a yote nor did I have any practice calling them, I was not very hopeful. What better why to spend a sunday mourning. Well It was 6:45 am when I was set up and ready to call. The only thing I knew about calling was what I have seen in videos and heard on recorded calls. At 6:52 am I noticed some movement to my left. To my surprise there stood a yote about 15 yards behind me and to my left. Sure as I had seen him, he had seen me. Gone like a flash. In a feeble attempt to get him to stop I whilsled. He stopped and looked back, Boy was he sorry. He was met with a 150 gr. .270 launched from my Howa model 1500. When I went to see him I walked off the yardage. Approx. 65 to 70 yards. Not the longest shot, but boy was I proud. First time out trying to call, first set up, and 7 mins. later I had my first yote. O.K. beginners luck, but I had a blast. Pictures should be ready soon.
 Oh yeah. one thing I learned is the teddy bear on a stick does not work to well when your useing a mouth call. And boy are them yotes fast. I was watching my back and it seemed like soon as I turned away he was there. Never saw him coming.

(Edited by EVAN III at 2:36 am on Jan. 9, 2002)

songdog

Reaction score
Congrats!  Welcome to the world of too many rifles, getting up too early in the off season, numb fingers from skinning and that coyote smell that you just never quite get use to...

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Evan III, Congrats on your first yote, post some pics if you have any.:toast-yellow:
I myself am looking to get my first yote with my new Howa varmint .223. I've shot only one yote when I was a kid when I was Quail hunting but that don't count, Im looking forward trying to calling  them in, not stumble on one. `One thing is for sure I've been several times and nothing, but if I go out 20 times and don't get one that wont stop me. Good Luck.

Fubar

Reaction score
Evam Way to go! What did that 270 do to it?           Fubar

yotegetter

Reaction score
Good Job! The first time I shot a coyote was really exciting! The great thing about it is that it still is exciting everytime I go out!!

EVAN III

Reaction score
.270 did a good job. I should have some pics to post soon. Small entrance and exit about the size of a dime.
 Songdog, no such thing as to many firearms. lol

(Edited by EVAN III at 4:46 pm on Jan. 9, 2002)

Hook

Reaction score
Evan III, Congrats on your first coyote, man talk about beginners luck. I went 15 times before i got my first yote. But it was worth it.....

Having too many guns is like having too much money.

Songdog, don't forget the taste you can never forget............:throwup-yellow:

(Edited by Hook at 8:42 pm on Jan. 9, 2002)

Top Bottom