Fishing almost wide open

Fubar

Reaction score
The White Seabass and Barracuda were at it again today. Some boats getting limits of White Seabass and other local boats getting Barracuda by the hundreds. Today in the counts the Barracuda were biting from San Diego to San Pedro. To check out your favorite landing go to http://www.Biteson,com     Fubar

Fubar

Reaction score
If any of you guys get out I would appreciate a report.  I would like to hear about your take on the boat and crew as well. It would be good to know what boats are better to go on. Maybe compare prices as well.   Thank You   Fubar

MQ

Reaction score
Went out on the Queen of Hearts out of Half Moon Bay on Friday and got into the salmon pretty good. Ended up with about a fish and a half per rod but easily lost that many, not to mention plenty of shakers and a few cohos that got thrown back. Top fish was 16 lbs, with a majority in the 8-10 lb class. The boat was trolling with sardines mostly, but 3/4 oz Krockodiles also worked.

MQ

Reaction score
Went out on the Captain Hook, out of Emeryville, for a potluck trip in SF Bay yesterday. Fishing wasn't  wide open, but there was enough action to keep things interesting. I ended up with a 12 lb striper and a schoolie sized one, while my 15 year old pulled in an 18 lb striper. A 31 lb halibut and a 25 lb stripe were the big fish of the day on the boat. We were using live chovies for bait. Fun was had by all.

Advertisement

Top Bottom