Flappers

grizz

Reaction score
Well it didn't take long.  I'am hearing Flappers are the new hot thing and there legal.  It sure was nice this weekend not haveing to fool with the robo.  But I wonder now if you'll need a flapper just to keep up til Dec.1  Personally I 'am not buying one, but can see it now.  Instead of seeing spinners as you scan the refuge you'll see flappers.  Along with the wobblers, swimers, shackers, quivers,and butts.  Fish & Game could have put a stop to all this BS if they just would have ban all electronic dekes, period.  Not some BS Dec.1 no spinners ban that everyone knew would be cercomevented.  Yah sure it nice to flip a switch and bring in the ducks, and yes I've done it.  But where dose it end?  I hope maybe next season!    

Drew10

Reaction score
I agree with every thing u said and well yes i did see some flappers opening day. I think it should be all or none. Just go back to normal decoys and duck calls.

huntducks

Reaction score
Grizz

Ban all Elect. decoys period, if you want to pull on a jerk line thats OK with me, if you want to go out and swim around with a decoy on your head that's fine to.

Get back to just Decoys & Calls.

Megadeth

Reaction score
I am no expert caller, but robo has separated the waterfowling community. It was the best opener in years. WHY-? NO ROBO. Hopefrully after Dec 1 the Ca DFG pulls its head out and sees the light. Robo only helps hunters who cant kill birds without one. Get rid of it for good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Waterfowl Hunting 14