Flash bleed over problems

Firemn

Reaction score
I realize this has been talked about before, I did a search and did not come up with much.  Rather than thumb through 72 pages of postings, I thought I would just post a thread.  This way, I can visit more threads I haven't read yet.  Anyways, I am having trouble with flash bleed over.  I have tried the foam insulation around the flash, that didn't cut it, and I tried the rubber O-ring around the shutter, and that didn't help.  I guess I am just too picky, but I want to rid of the bleed over.  Is there any other ideas to solve this problem?  I am using the 6x6x4 pvc box, and the Owl camera.  Other than that, everything is going peachy!  Just need to buy a scanner to share pix.  Has anyone found a good place for pvc electric boxes.  I can't convince any fellow hunters in my area to try something else.  I have guided them to JHP to view different box ideas, but when I go help build, everyone buys the pvc box, but we are in need of better prices on it.  Thanks to everyone who are always there to help, and posting ideas & questions that us others learn from too.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Try useing 2 panes of glass,then foam or o rings to cut off the flash,also if you use 2 panes of glass use a permanent marker to blacken the edges of the glass.just some ideas.

davered1

Reaction score
You can glue tinfoil around the flash foam as well, it helps get rid of flash faster. Did you try 1 1/2 " pipe insulation around the shutter, then foam around flash with some tinfoil. also use passthru's methods with 2 pieces of glass it eliminates half by itself

Top Bottom