flash refresh pulse ?

ruger 44

Reaction score
My setup is a ms 20 sensor and a canon owl pf camera. I have read that the pf needs the flash refresh pulse. I am going to be using this on trails, so I don't need a timer. Is there a way to add the flash refresh to my  setup without a timer?Thanks

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi ruger,
The PF does not NEED a flash refresh, but it does benefit from one.  If the cam sits idle for several hours, the delay before a picture is taken can be up to several seconds - some cameras are worse than others - Tinhorn had one that would take 7 seconds to take a pic after sitting for a couple days!
This delay might allow animals to pass out of the frame before the pic is taken.
The refresh pulse keeps this delay to a minimum - somewhere between 1/2 and 1 1/4 seconds depending upon the individual cam.
To add the refresh you have to have three wires into the cam and you'll need a timer to generate the refresh pulse - Tinhorn worked up an easy circuit for this - you might ask him more about it through direct e-mails and also do a search of previous posts.

Archilochus

Latest Posts

Top Bottom