flash test

vman

Reaction score
Ok so I'm playing around with different options to seal the flash.  After each attempt I cover the flash hole with my hand an check for bleed at the shutter hole.  No matter what I do I can still see some flash through the shutter hole.  I'm using two pieces of glass.  Has anybody else tried this?  If not give it a try and see if get some light to show in the shutter hole.  

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Im not understanding the two pieces of glass. Where and how are you doing it? I just placed foam rubber wraped in tin foil around my flash hole area and have no bleed over at all.I glued it to the box around the flash hole and contured it to fit the profile of the camera houseing. Used one piece of glass over the flash hole. Mike

vman

Reaction score
Im using one piece of glass for the flash hole and one for the shutter.  I'm also using foam, but I still get flash bleed.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Well, ****** said that in his experiments with IR film that some of the flash bleeds over INSIDE the cam housing!

Archilochus

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Checj previous postsw, there was a lot done on flash bleed a few months ago Lots of us use seperate glass, and one thing that you can try and seems to work well is to paint the edge of the glass black.

woodsman

Reaction score
I'v never had a problem with flash bleeding through,I use one piece of glass and sorround the flash and the lens with fome weather stripping .
My next cam box I'm building I'm useing a uv lens that I got from BAT.

StringShooter

Reaction score
One thing that works for me is putting the glass on the outside of the case. This way the camera is flush against the cover and no flash bleed can occur.

vman

Reaction score
Thanks everybody,
I found my problem.  Their wasn't enough separation between the two piecies of glass.  Anyway its fixed now.  
Thanks again
Vman

Top Bottom