flash

coyotehunters

Reaction score
HOW TIGHT DOES THE SEAL AROUND THE FLASH NEED TO BE TO KEEP IT FROM WASHING OUT THE PICTURES.I SEE ALOT OF PICTURES WITH JUST FOAM AROUND THEM AND NO FOIL LIKE IS RECOMMENDED ON JESSES SITE.DO THOSE WORK OK

wolf

Reaction score
I was thinking that it looks like it would be easier to seal the shutter from the flash instead of the flash from the shutter. I was thinking of using a piece of 1" pipe insulation about a 1/2" thick to seal around the shutter and not around the flash. Has anyone else tried this.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Wolf,

Yeh, a lot are doing that, do some more reviewing of the site and you might find some other ideas already invented      ;)

Tinhorn

wolf

Reaction score
i did read about using the pipe insulation on this site. but i cant find anything on sealing around the shutter instead of the flash. it just looks like it would be easier to do since the shutter is located in the center of the camera.

springdrl

Reaction score
I mounted my camera in a $5 pistol case with the flash window towards one corner. Then I took foam rubber and sealed off that corner. My biggest concern is the tight area between the shutter lens and flash lens. That required a piece of foam that is about 1/2 inch wide. However, the camera face is so close to the front of the case when closed that it flattens down which makes light hard to pass through it. So far every picture has turned out fine.

davered1

Reaction score
wolf ,

I use the pipe insulation,I use the 1 1/2 though and seal off flash hole.

works fine for me

Advertisement

Top Bottom