Flashes in alarm mode

Strutter

Reaction score
I am not changing a thing on my cams but I am curious about something.  I have seen several times on different posts about the cam flashing 3 to 5 times in alarm mode and only once in chime mode.  This is with the 49-425 sensor and PF cam.  All of the cams I have built only flash once in either mode.  The only difference is the delay with the chime being 5 sec and the alarm being about 30 sec.  If however there is movement in front of the sensor, after the pic is taken in either mode, the cam will not reset for the next pic until there has been at least 5 sec of no movement.  This is in either mode and now I am wondering if this is right.  I am not going to change anything about them as I like them like this but am curious as to how everyone elses work.

Thanks,
Strutter

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
Mine all seem to exhibit the same operations as you describe with regard to flash/pics and time intervals vs. chime alarm. The only time I have multiple pics is if the same animal stays in front of the sensor for a period of time.
Gumbo

arlow

Banned
Reaction score
strutter

All seems to be in order.  I have built several with the rs sensor and they work the same as you have observed.  In the chime mode you get a delay of approx 5 secs.  when I switch to the alarm mode I get a delay of app 36 seconds and the pir will not reset until there has been no movement in front of the camera for 36seconds.  I have in a couple of instances had the cameras lock up and had to turn the cannon pf off and on again to get it to operate again.  I think that is because something kept the pir activated(shutter depressed) for an excessive timeperiod that caused the camera to shut down.  All said and done it sounds like you have your cameras set exactly like mine.  If you set it on alarm and trigger the cam wll it fire again after a minuite or so?  Check it out and if so you are set to go! :dancinred::toast-yellow::bounce-green:

Top Bottom