Flashes

Strutter

Reaction score
Finished my first camera today.  Remember seeing where there was some discussion on how best to set up the flash mode.  Have the canon owl pf model and was wondering if I should set it to flash when it needs it or flash all the time.  Does one cause a delay in pics being taken more than the other setting?  Also, the RS pir sensor.  Which setting is best, alarm or chime?  Seems as though I saw a reference to this but could  not find it in old posts.  Seems that one setting allowed more time between pics or something.  Not sure if I am remembering correctly but would appreciate any info on which settings are best.  

Thanks,
Strutter

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi Strutter,

I had mine set to Auto Flash/Chime for the first roll, and got 4 pretty good pictures of a doe & 2 fawns passing by.  If the PIR had been in Alarm Mode I would only have one picture of them.

NC Bowhunter

Reaction score
Strutter,

If you made a hole in the housing for the light sensor on the camera, then I would leave the camera on auto flash, so that it doesn't flash during the day.  I have had good results with this.  If you didn't make a hole, then it will flash every time, either way.

On the RS PIR, the chime mode will give you a 2 second delay between pictures, while the alarm mode gives you a 30 second delay.  I've been using the alarm mode to minimize pictures of the same deer.

Have fun with the camera. :)

Strutter

Reaction score
NC Bowhunter, are you using a timer?  Have a couple questions but will ask them if I can't figure it out when I try the cam.  Going to put it out today.

Also, Thanks for the help and replies.

Strutter

NC Bowhunter

Reaction score
Strutter, I am building a new camera with a timer, but the camera I have been using didn't have one.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom