• We will be migrating the forum to new hosting soon. When that is ready to go, the forums will be turned off to new posting until we arrive at the new server. If all goes well, we should be up and running at the new server within 24 hours, usually less. The new DNS information can take a while to propagate across the various DNS centers but you'll know when tou are accessing the new version because you'll see a new notice.

Fletching Removal

wildlifedesigner

Reaction score
I need to know the best way to remove the old fletchings of my arrows, also what kind of glue is best to replace them. Thanks in advance,  Bryan

marmot

Reaction score
Assuming you have aluminum shafts like me, I use an exacto knife with a concave blade. It skins them right off glue & all.

I still like the Fletchtight glue best. Be sure to clean the shafts with some MEK to remove any glue remnants or anything that might affect the glue adhesion.

feathermax

Reaction score
I use a typical utility knife to trim off the old vanes/feathers - anything kinda sharp will do.
I have tried a few different adhesives and, so far, found Duravanes adhesive to be the best. This adhesive is somewhat difficult to find, but can be ordered from Bowman.com.
If your using carbon/graphite shafts the adhesion will be greatly increased is you dip the end of the shaft in clear laquer.

Top Bottom