Flying to Oahu for work but want to get a Boar hunt completed with BOW, need help

pathfyndr

Reaction score
Going to work in Oahu at multiple Cinemas bldg and repairing stuff in auditoriums which is mostly done at night after they close, would like to take my bow hunting equipment and get a bow hunt done. I see it will be like 100 bucks for my license and then tag fee, but rather hunt then spend that money at a bar or tat unless no one able to guide me in right direction. Thanks
Mark
[email protected]

mossyoakhntr05

Reaction score
oahu bow hunting

hey pathfyndr,
hunting out here will absolutely take up your time, depending when you come here, ill be more then willing to take you out and show you some descent spots. its pretty easy once you understand what there doing and where theyll most likely be. let me know if your up for it, i got pretty good goat spots as well if up for for a challenging hunt!!!!

pathfyndr

Reaction score
Mossyoak,,thanks man but i leave tomorrow and i wish i wouldve checked earlier, i went to the stadium today to look around and some dude and his teenage son that sell knives and stuff had tons of boar pics and was even selling meat for 4 bucks a pound, i asked the kid of any places to start off as a visitor to hunt and being a smartass he said oh they are everywhere, so i asked the older guy if he knows someone or somewhere a visitor can go to do a boar hunt and he said i need to go to another island i cant hunt on oahu, i was fkn pissed. Im glad i didnt bring my stuff, i asked around with the locals and some said yahh theres boars everywhere but no one said hey go to this spot after you get your equipment and proper paperwork situated,. As a tourist cominng here they love to sell you the main stream stuff but from what i've gathered they dont want you tapping into their traditions like hunting. i will be back 2 more times this year we have one small project in less than 60 days and another at the end of the year close to 2-3 weeks working out here.
Send me a email or number and i will definately contact you weeks prior to arriving again. Rather spend time and money hunting than at the ABC stores.

pathfyndr

Reaction score
Hey mossyoak, i will be heading back april 2nd for a whole week. Not sure how much time ill have but if its open for goat or boat im game. Let me know. Thanks

pathfyndr

Reaction score
Here we go again leaving Tuesday for 3 week job, and staying till 28 with family. Is pig hunting yr round out there?

map

Reaction score

Shooter1808

Reaction score
Hi there guys. My family and I will be heading out to Oahu tomorrow for a week. My dad, younger brother, n I are into hunting and what not. My dad and I have hunted accross the Contenant and my dad has hunted all around. however.... Hawaii is a place none of us have hunted. Were wondering if anyone would be interested in getting us on something real wierd, like goats or birds or whatever is open. basically just kill something :) let me know if someones got a lead on anything or would like to take us out. We arnt bringing guns because of the uncertin plans and i found this forum last min.
Thanks from MN!

BARGYLE6550

Reaction score
Hello MossyOak,
I have a friend that will be hunting there over the holidays. Could you give a few places he could get up and glass the area. He knows the area well he has just never hunted there. Any and all advice will be very much appreciated.

Top Bottom