foam for cameras'

TmKarren

Reaction score
I'm sure alot of you know about this, and might do this.  But I'm lucky to have a friend, and a brother who works on computers.  They have alot of foam just the perfect size for the cameras' that computer parts come in.  I don't know how much this stuff costs you get from stores, but getting it free is great.  There are alot of computer places around.  If you have a friend that works at a place, or just go ask.  I'm sure they will give a box full.  Thats what I got the last time I went.  Enough for about 5 - 8 cameras.  Just a little tip for those of you who didn't know..

(Edited by TmKarren at 6:54 am on Mar. 19, 2002)

jayber

Reaction score
Are you referring to the hard, white packing foam TmKarren or something different?

Rooter

Reaction score
If you cant get it for free here is a cheap place to order it from.  They will custom cut it to your specs.  They have a wide selection of foam.  Hope this helps someone.  

Rooter

FOAMORDER.COM

TmKarren

Reaction score
I got two kinds of foam.  Some thicker stuff, (it's not to hard) that had slots  1-1/2" thick X 8" X 14" .  I also got some thin stuff size  1"thick X 8"X14"  that stuff is soft.  I just cut it to the patern I need, so it's all one piece.  I use it for the front,  and the thicker stuff I use for behind the camera.  Even if it is a little harder foam.  I like it because it holds the camera in there snug.  I don't know it's just a GOOD place to get FREE foam, that they would otherwise just throw away.  I have used it in two of my cameras'.  I love it.  It comes in big enough pieces that you can cut to what ever size you want.

jayber

Reaction score
I bought a ~2.5" thick closed-cell camo seat cushion from K-mart for $3.99 awhile back that I use.  I thin the thickness and cut sections in the shape I need.  I only use 5 small squares to isolate my cameras: one on each side, one on top, and two on the bottom.  The stuff has decent compressibility yet holds the camera in place.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom