food plot

rh44mag

Reaction score
I am planning on planting a fall food plot. When should I plant and what works best in the fall? Within the 2 square miles surrounding me corn and soys are the dominate crops. I have about 3/4 of an acre at the edge of the timber I plan to plant. Two years ago at another location I tried turnups but becauce of lack of rain they didn't do much. I have a watering system set up this year just incase. Any input would be helpful.

D Letho

Reaction score
rh44mag ,

I moved your topic to get you the answers you needed a little faster ! These guys will get you the info you need !! Good luck on your plot .

I just planted a fall ploy yesterday . The ground work ( soil prep ) can be done any time and just keep an eye on the Ph .

It also depends on what you are going to plant . Some of the stuff I planted said from May1 to end of June , others said Aug to end of Sept . I split it and planted it yesterday .

Give these guys a minute and they will get yoyu going . You might want to do a search on food plots for deer and click on there site , all planting info should be listed .

Don

Latest Posts

Top Bottom