Nino

Reaction score
The first 8 pictures worked great, including a big 8 pointer  on my last roll.  After that the cam went nuts and used up the rest of the roll.  After studying the date/time stamps and the pictures themselves over a 1 to 2 hour time frame I think it was the sun/wind combination on a small pine tree that triggered the cam.  We had a hot spell come through early last week and with the falling leaves my setup environment changed.  Has this happened to anyone else?

StringShooter

Reaction score
The sun, wind and high temperatures can play havoc on your cams at times. I put 2 cams out last Thursday and the next morning, all pictures were taken of moving branches. We had a heck of a wind storm in Missouri for several days.

Several things to remember.

1) Do not point the cam in the direction of the rising or    setting sun.
2) During summer months you will get more false pics if the    temps are high. The sun will heat up an already warm    piece of foliage and any movement will set off a bunch      of pics.
3) Make sure that the cams are not too low to the ground. I    like about waist high for me. This cuts down on some of    the rodent pics.

Now if I can just follow my own advise, I should be o.k.

Top Bottom