For all you timer Wizzes

Rossco

Reaction score
I just bought and put together this timer kit from AmazonElectronics.com.  

Time Switch 8 to 8192 seconds (2.3 hours) (F)  (picture)
A 555 timer IC can be set to 1 second oscillation. The 555 output is fed to a 4020B ripple counter IC. Eleven time outputs from the counter is jumper selectable to an on-board relay.
Power supply: 12VDC
Order Code: CPS152  Price $11.95

I was wondering where do i hook this into.  What wires do i put into the power and if it is a good timer to use with the radioshack pir sensor?  I have almost everything put together ecxept i ran into this dilemma as to where i hook this up at.  There is a power hookup and then there are three other places to hook up to too.  One that says NO one that says NC and one that says C.  Well thanks for all of your help.
Schematics

Possum

Reaction score
Rossco, there were a lot of posts around March 29,  2001 on this subject.  Look at the previous pages (tonight it's page 23) and look at Eqgle-Eye's posts about this timer.  I believe he's talking about the same timer.  "NO" usually means Normally Open.  "NC" usually means Normally Closed.  No idea about "C".  With the 5v, 9V, and 12V relays they are all NO relays to my knowlege.  Hope this helps.

passgas55

Reaction score
C stands for common, the common point between NO and NC.

Rossco

Reaction score
Possum,
Thanks for the help man but that is not the same timer as the one i bought.  I bought the k152 from amazon electronics.  I have the schematics posted above if anyone could please take a look at and see if they can help me?  I know the power goes to the two 12vdc and ground screw terminals and i put the ones from the camera in the NO screw and and the common screw terminals.  But i don't know where to hook the relay into.  Well thanks for all of your time.
                                              Rossco

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Rossco

Uh-Oh!  I don't see any easy way to use this timer, what I think it does is count at "turn on", to create the delay.....

Like This:
The 555 starts creating Pulses at turn-on and the rest of the circuit counts them, when it reaches the count you determine by the settings, it trips the relay and starts the count again, at least I think it starts the count again, and trips the relay again at the specified delay, never ending

Tinhorn

Rossco

Reaction score
Tinhorn,
Thanks for the help.  Do you know anyway i can make this circuit work?  Does anyone know how to make it work?   I saw this timer at a link on jesse's website and thought it would work since it says exactly this. <font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>Amazon Electronics .... They have a 555 timer kit for $11.00 that has 8 second to 2.3 hour settings and PIR sensor fresnal lenses<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>
why would you put that on there if you don't know if it works?? Well anyways I hope i can get it fixed.
Thanks again.
                                             Ross

Latest Posts

Top Bottom