For all you whitetail hunters

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I built a Camera for a freind at work,actually talked him out of a moultree,i dont think he has any regrets,but i felt it was my duty to save him the mistake :smile-big-blue:
 Anyhow i have been trying to get some awesome pics with my cams for along time and no luck.
 here is the pics from his first roll,go to the album named "Bucks"

click here

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Passthru....nice pics, I took a look at the other photo albums placed there by you. Nice pics there too, very nice truck too. Are these cameras easy to build? And are they costly? I have a few old cameras around and would like to try and build one, they are all 35 mm, some are instamatics and some are manual. I'm pretty handy with electronic stuff, as long as I have some easy instructions. If it's too much detail ya can message me or email me.
Thanks...
:target:

JimYates

Reaction score
Check out the Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders  forum here on JHP.  I'm working on building my first camera.  Depending on the camera it's not that hard.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 the cams are easy to build and cheap compared to commercial cams,all the info is right here

The pics are a freind of mine who lurks here,lets call him Scott for the time being,maybe he will get registered and join in sometime.

Cdad

Reaction score
Stringshooter, those are some pretty nice bucks!! I'd be more than happy to help you get rid of some of those pesky critters off of your property!! What-where is the photo above from? Please tell me that's not from your hunting camp, if so, you guys sure do it up right in MO!!!

Gus

Reaction score
Those are some nice bucks and maybe since you built the cam for your buddy he will take you along when he goes hunting for those bucks.  Stringshooter, those photos make me ready for season to start.  Thanks for sharing.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Those bucks are from a friends farm in Pike County. Nine bucks on opening weekend 2001. I have a place a bit further northwest of there that has some dandy bucks on it so I mainly hunt my place. Still trying to get a Pope & Young scoring bow buck.

This is one of a few bucks I took in late December with my cam last season on my place. He's still around so maybe, just maybe I can take him with my bow this year.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Stringshooter...nice buck up at yer place, hope ya can get a site pin on him. Here's a dumb question, doesn't the flash from them game cams freak the deer out? I just kind of think they'd high tail it outta there for quite sometime. Somebody let me know how flash effects deer.
:target:

GIVEMTHEBLADE

Reaction score
Hideandwatch,

My experence w/ the flash is I don't think it really bothers them you would think it would but I have about 600 pics from my photo hunter and maybe 5 of them the deer look spoked!  I think the deer think its headlight from Cars or what have you!  I have 10 pictures of the same deer taken the same night on multiple ocasions!

Top Bottom