For Gilles

Finz

Reaction score
LW

You bring up a good point.  When exactly do deer in a paticular region shed their antlers?  I have my camera in SW Wisconsin and I just took a roll of film out of my camera that had plenty of bucks still with their antlers. (Feb 6, 2002, last pict on roll)

Also, what is your opinion of webshots, I have been using msn and have been overall happy with it but sometimes it loads slow.

Take a look at some of the pictures I've taken with my camera, all in 2002.  Go to my link and click on "Hidden Camera" (you gotta see the buck on the photo dated Jan 30, page 2)

http://communities.msn.com/The Finzel40

Finz

Reaction score
<font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>Quote: from Finz on 8:06 pm on Feb. 8, 2002
LW

You bring up a good point.  When exactly do deer in a paticular region shed their antlers?  I have my camera in SW Wisconsin and I just took a roll of film out of my camera that had plenty of bucks still with their antlers. (Feb 6, 2002, last pict on roll)

Also, what is your opinion of webshots, I have been using msn and have been overall happy with it but sometimes it loads slow.

Take a look at some of the pictures I've taken with my camera, all in 2002.  Go to my link and click on "Hidden Camera" (you gotta see the buck on the photo dated Jan 30, page 2)

http://communities.msn.com/TheFinzel40<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>

LW

Reaction score
Finz,
I live in S.E. Arkansas, I was curious myself why some of the bucks around here have dropped their antlers and some havn't, I have lived and hunted in the same county for over 30 years now, I have seen bucks as late as the first of March with antlers and some have dropped at least one side as early as the end of December. I figured this was due to fighting, but since I started camming and started getting good closeups of these deer I realze in some cases thay have shed. I have heard everything from "it's the weather"  to individual hormonal cycles based on what time of the year that buck was born as to when they drop. I simply don't know... I just picked up my camera and feeders this afternoon, I will probably wait a couple months before I put them back out, again I hear the bucks start growing antlers "bout the time the does start dropping fawns" to "It takes 17 weeks for antlers to mature" usually that is late August here. I figure mid April before I start back camming....      

LW

Reaction score
I just hopped over to your cam pics, Excellent!! Love the snow pics of the bucks.

We just missed a snow front by about 20 miles last week, I was so disappointed, All we got was rain and sleet.

I have used webshots for over a year now, usually these places get you hooked then decide to become a pay site, so far so good, I have over 30 meg of pictures stored on their servers. Recently I have had problems linking to them, I post in the trail cam thread also, and the last one did not show up with Explorer but it does with Netscape, go figure. Some say you can't link to them at all but I do, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. Overall I am happy with them, I use their desktop wallpaper changer and screen saver on my PC, just create a new catagory and  drag and drop your trail pics to the photo manager, it has alot of good transition effects and an excellent desktop calendar..

Again,  nice pics,  I envy the snow. Keep on camming!!!

Larry Woods

Finz

Reaction score
Larry,

Thanks for the good input on the antler shed.  I want to try and find some of the antlers from the bucks in my photos.  I only have 38 acres and don't want to go in pushing the deer off before they have a chance to drop, so I guess I'll wait until no more antlers show up in my pictures.   I have only taken four rolls of film with the camera I built but I think some of the picts are pretty good.  The snow has been lacking this year but you're right the snow buck picts are fun.

Thanks for the input on the web shots.  Maybe I'll give them a try.

Also...
I'm headed down to NE Arkansas next week. I'm thinking about buying a building/Membership Lot in Cherokee Village. (They sell pretty cheap on ebay) I was told there is good fishing on the private lakes (Thunderbird Lake and Lake Omaha) and that the state has a hunting preserve nearby.  Do you know anything about that area? Are there wild hogs that far north in the state?

Pete Finzel

LW

Reaction score
Sorry, I have never been that far north to hunt, I think that it is mostly agricultural and timber is our major industry around here so I don't venture off to hunt.

Here is a link to Ark. Game & Fish, It gives you a list of wildlife management areas statewide.

http://www.agfc.com/

Latest Posts

Top Bottom