For you using Polaroid 2400FF

TruShot

Reaction score
If you want to test your Polaroid 2400FF without film. While you are working on it with the back open there is a small gear above the shutter. wind it to the left till it clicks and the press the button it should flash and attempt to take a pic. Then wind it again and it will work again. It dosn't work without film because the gear has to be wound by the film.  I just thought that would help so you don't waste film while building it.

That I've got down now I need to see if I can assemble it into a complete game cam.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
THANKS FOR THE TIP.  I'VE GOT 3 BUILT WITH THE POLAROID CAMERA.  I HAVEN'T GOT TO SET ANY OF THEM OUT YET.  I WAS LOOKING ON EBAY AND THEY HAVE A VERY SIMILAR CAMERA CALLED THE 230FF THAT LOOKS IDENTICAL.  IT IS ALSO A KIT.  I WAS WONDERING IF IT WOULD ALSO WORK?

TruShot

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know about that camera. This is my first attempt at a trail camera. I just know the winding trick because I do alot of photography. and on alot of old cameras that was the way to get them to flash without using film.

dbassman53

Reaction score
I located several 2400 at a salvage store with 30% off, noticed on the box, auto shut off. For you that are using them a timer will need to be used is that what I am assumeing ?
I try to use the K.I.S.S system. With the help of the guys from this great site I know I will be able to do just that. and add another cam to my inventory.
1) highlander photoscout, 1)Owl sure shot (ofs,GOOF) a BF and PF with the pf replacing the GOOF, no pics from it. It looks like i may need to add a timer to it after reading bout the lock up and flash

TruShot

Reaction score
dbassman53 the Polaroid 2400 says it has a auto shutoff but it dosnt power down. If you search back a few pages in this forum there is a topic started  by Jaggermax titled "Another camera to use."  He said he has left his on for days and you can pick it up and take a pic.  I notice the green light that shows the flash is charged turns off after a minute but you can pick it up and take a pic. I dont have a timmer or anything extra on mine.

dbassman53

Reaction score
thanks trushot
I knew i saw the post somewhere but with all the info on all the cams in use i wasn't able to recall. I must be getting the oldtimers.or crs
thank again i will try to pick a few up

Top Bottom