Forced Flash

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
I'm curious how many of you either use or don't use the forced flash for your pics? I have been. I've seen many pics posted on other forums that were VERY poor because there must have been just enough light for the sensor that it didn't trigger the flash but the pics came out very dark. Some of the pics that I've seen would have been great with the pose and position of the deer but they came out so dark that it was hard to distinguish any details. I can see some benefits of not using the forced flash but I guess to me I'd rather use it even if it's not necessarily needed just to enhance the pics and fill in the shadows if nothing else.

MBullism

Reaction score
Using it...  In the day pics I figure it'll help fill in the shadows...

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I use it also. Can't hurt anything execpt the batts and I use rechargable batts.

shufigo

Reaction score
Agree - You may lose a couple that are washed out really close up, but you always get the max possible distance in marginal twilight conditions and no shadows. Advantages far outweigh the few you lose.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I don't use it anymore, it seems to spook the older deer, plus it can ruin a prefect daytime picture by adding glowing eyes. I do sometimes get pictures where I wish I had it on, but most of the time it's doesn't matter to much. It's a matter of personal preference, try it both ways and see what you like better.

Old Scout

Reaction score
I don't use the forced flash but I force it to falsh. I set the camera to auto and put a piece of black tape over the light sensor.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
I leave mine on auto flash. It seems to flash almost always with the enclosure. I used to leave it on but now auto seems good for me. MC.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom