Forget the snakes

S&P

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/09/ticks.on....e.ap/index.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Some wayward ticks delayed a United Airlines flight from Denver, Colorado, to Des Moines, Iowa.

Flight 1178 was delayed for nearly six hours on Tuesday after a passenger informed a flight attendant that she found a tick in economy class during a flight from Washington, D.C., to Denver.

The airline decided it couldn't fly the plane until it was cleaned of ticks, so passengers had to wait while another plane was flown from Colorado Springs to Denver. The flight was further delayed because of thunderstorms in the Denver area.

United spokeswoman Robin Urbanski said between one and three ticks were discovered. Urbanski said the airline hasn't figured out how the ticks got on the plane or what type of ticks were found.

"I don't know if we'll be able to find that out," Urbanski said. "When possible, we do try to look into those type of things, and hopefully try to look for its origin."

The replacement plane shuttled the 107 passengers to Des Moines.

The plane with ticks had begun its day in Chicago, Illinois. It was cleaned of ticks, checked and put back into service.

No ticks were found on passengers.

Ticks can pass along a number of illnesses to humans, including Lyme disease.[/b]

barel74

Reaction score
are you kidding me?!? 3 ticks, and the plane is grounded?!? Did they think they were carrying bombs?

Marty

Reaction score
Well??? It did go "tick, tick, tick."

Tacker

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
The correct way to remove ticks: Pour (cover tick) dishwasher derergent on tick and leave him alone. In about 5 mins, he will detach himself because he can't breathe. Now you haven't run the risk of leaving parts of his mouth in you or his regurgitation!

fossilman

Reaction score
Just a tick?? Now thats plane stupid!!!!!!!
I get 7 to 12 ticks a day on me-no big deal.....

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
I believe the plane was delayed because the pilot had to check all the female flight attendants for ticks....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom