Forgot something on my D-370

davered1

Reaction score
Went and checked my D370 today. It had taken 45 pics in 2 days(timer set at 15 sec). Was pretty happy till I looked at a couple of them.

Seems some Dumb A$$ forgot to put ANY seals around the flash and shutter!!

Too Bad Look what came around to get his photo taken.

I have a 35mm up there right now trying to get his pic again while I FINISH my D-370!!

<font size="5">Grizzly bear</font>

Tinhorn

Reaction score
You get 50 lashes with the loose end of a new roll of film.......man oh man.......

looks like he's waving at you in the 1st pix

Tinhorn

bat

Reaction score
dave, dave, dave.......show no mercy fellows lol, that would have been a great shot....bet the scenery was great too hehe.  bat

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
Those "would have been" some SWEET pics! LOL  I hope the other cam gets some shots of that fella!!

Lew

Reaction score
Dave,  Even with the distortion,  those are great pictures !!!  My toughest problem to over come in building cameras, has been flash bleed.   One reason I think it has been a problem is because I use the clear polycarbonate enclosures.  I am beginning to believe the light travels through the case from flash to lens.  For my new D370 unit, I am useing a black sealent  to put on the glass to keep light from getting into the PC.  When I get it finish and out for testing I will let you know how well it works.  Lew

jayber

Reaction score
Dave,
Those pics are still awesome, considering.  That second one is close!  Is that slobber hanging off his mouth?  Happens to the best of us.....you'll get more I'm sure.  Good luck and look forward to seeing them!!

Lew,
I use the clear Lexan box.  You can cut your holes and paint the inside/outside of your box including the edges of the holes.  Also, black permanent marker the edges of the glass.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I can still make that ole big bear out.  What a monster.

Nice pictures even with the bleed over.

Keep'um coming.

gantley

Reaction score
and i thought i was the green horn that forgets the lens seal.  at least you know what was standing in those tracks.....very nice bear!  good bear....  glad we dont have them in Texas....yet.....

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Looking forward to the 35mm pics if you can get the same bear. He is huge. Atleasr he didn't tear up the cam. I bet as big as he is he could have his way with it. MC.

davered1

Reaction score
I tried a buch of different ways to get the flash bleed to stop on the 370. Everything I tried didn't work that great.It wouldn't work I think because I can't get a good seal  around the edge of the door opening.

Then I tried a rubber o-ring that fits around the shutter lens inside the open door.about a 9/16" size. It works great seals everything completly.I still run pipe insulation around the flash.

I will put it back out tomorrow.

Top Bottom