Fort Hunter Ligget J-10 Junior Deer Hunt

MomsHunt2

Reaction score
Good evening everyone, My 12yr old daughter was lucky enough to draw the J-10 junior buck hunt at Ft Ligget coming up in October. I was wondering if anyone could give me some info about hunter liggett and what are some good areas ect. to put some time into. I know this is one of those post looking for the secret spot but its not for me, its for her to possibly be successful. Maybe just steer us in the right direction and some do/donts of the base. Thanks!

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
Many years ago two regulars and their family from this forum are enjoying the BBQ from the pig they harvested at FHL . it was one weekend in October that coincide with the doe hunt and the Jr. either sex hunt . after eating lunch one of the guy approach a father and son seated on the table next to our camp and offered food to them, strike a conversation and asked whats going on. After about half an our he return to camp and told one of his buddy to hop in the truck and pickup the father and son and head out to do an afternoon hunt.it was Sunday the last day of the hunt the kid return to camp with a big buck and a big smile and so happy that he get one.
That afternoon they decided to make it yearly tradition to help Jr. hunters and who ever need help at the base to fill their tags with NO cost to them. year after year that tradition continue until 2014 .
Xao ( live2hunt) you are miss by many....

Mom give me a PM . let see what can i do ....

Eric

Planetcat

Reaction score
My twin boys were 3 for 3 on that j-10 hunt. It is fantastic for both parent and kid in every way. Where you hunt will depend on which areas are open that week. Make sure to post the question the week before you go, so we can give recommendations. Also, bring a rifle and a shotgun with copper sabot slugs. That will give you more areas for shotgun archery only zones, as well as the rifle general zones. You will want to go on the friday before the hunt before 3:00 pm to get registered, download the crappy fhl area check in app, and get a lay of the land. Also, register your guns in advance. The website is very specific on what to do.

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
Wasup tracker? Been a long time .have a good hunting partner on your avatar.
lost the best recipe you gave me .craving for it for a long time .��

Bankrunner

Reaction score
Many years ago two regulars and their family from this forum are enjoying the BBQ from the pig they harvested at FHL . it was one weekend in October that coincide with the doe hunt and the Jr. either sex hunt . after eating lunch one of the guy approach a father and son seated on the table next to our camp and offered food to them, strike a conversation and asked whats going on. After about half an our he return to camp and told one of his buddy to hop in the truck and pickup the father and son and head out to do an afternoon hunt.it was Sunday the last day of the hunt the kid return to camp with a big buck and a big smile and so happy that he get one.
That afternoon they decided to make it yearly tradition to help Jr. hunters and who ever need help at the base to fill their tags with NO cost to them. year after year that tradition continue until 2014 .
Xao ( live2hunt) you are miss by many....

Mom give me a PM . let see what can i do ....

Eric
That is commendable, very nice of them and you!

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
Thanks Bankrunner . Helping hunters is one way of giving back to the hunting community .

MomsHunt2

Reaction score
Good evening everyone, FHL posted the open areas for the J-10 hunt. they pushed the hunt from October to Nov 10-12 and 18-19. does anyone have any suggestions on the open areas ???? thanks ! here is the map link for the J-10 areas http://fhlfmwr.com/outdoorweekly.html

7Mag_PigHunter

Reaction score
Good evening everyone, FHL posted the open areas for the J-10 hunt. they pushed the hunt from October to Nov 10-12 and 18-19. does anyone have any suggestions on the open areas ???? thanks ! here is the map link for the J-10 areas http://fhlfmwr.com/outdoorweekly.html
area 11 sounds good.... sucks how they don't open areas like they used to but for a junior hunter with a either sex tag should be able to get their deer

julian999

Reaction score
Hunt the hillside in 11 and 14 border .if your not lucky that weekend , hunt area one close to the water the following week.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom