Fredericksburg TX Axis Doe

asolde

Reaction score
I had a sucessful Axis doe hunt. I was looking for a nice Buck but he didn't show. I got some good meat though.[attachment=51524:IMG_0668.JPG][attachment=51525:IMG_0667.JPG]

Attachments

ltdann

Reaction score
Nice looking hides!:dancin-red:

So, tell the story!

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Congrats on the Axis! You've got some beautiful hides and some great eatin.

asolde

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a good weekend except for the hangover I had on Friday. I had a couple of Margaritas Thursday night that kick my Butt. Anyways I went to the Llano lease on Thursday and filled my feeders, set up a camera, check out camp and all is well.

I stayed in a a motel Thursday night and woke up with a hangover and headed down to Fredericksburg for my Axis hunt. Hunted Friday evening and scored an Axis doe.

Finished up the hunt Sunday morning with another Axis doe. It was the biggest doe I have ever shot. I am always amazed of how hunts play out especially this morning.

I had storms looming all around me. The wind was swirling everywhere but ended up out of the Northwest. I was praying that the rain would stay out for just a few hours and it did. Thank you God.

As it got light out two does past to my left and I could not get my gun set fast enough to get off a shot. I continue to watch to my left thinking more does would pass and if I got lucky a nice buck would pass by.

I was all set for the shot to my left when I looked straight out in front of me. There she was a great big old Axis doe eating on one of those blocks with corn in it.

I reset my rifle clink/clank/clunk and put the scope crosshairs down on her just behind her shoulder and squeezed off the shot and down she went.

I got some good meat and a couple of hides.

Borderbandit

Reaction score
Good job Alex ..... and welcome to JHO. Ya know ...... if you really want one of those big bucks I might know a fellar! LOL

Gomer76825

Reaction score
borderbandit can help you with another hang over too. Oh yeah congrats on the Axis, yyyyuuuummmm!!!

Borderbandit

Reaction score
Thanks Dan....I didn't know you were such a celebrity! lol Gomer .... all I did was drive around on some rough roads trying to beat that fog off of ya.

asolde

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Borderbandit @ Apr 30 2008, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good job Alex ..... and welcome to JHO. Ya know ...... if you really want one of those big bucks I might know a fellar! LOL[/b]
Thanks Shane, I'm looking for a good one to hang on my wall, maybe later this year. Alex

Gomer76825

Reaction score
I really appreciated the effort Shane, but we still got the job done. aslode you'll love the hides, they tan up great.

ltdann

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Borderbandit @ May 4 2008, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks Dan....I didn't know you were such a celebrity! lol Gomer .... all I did was drive around on some rough roads trying to beat that fog off of ya.[/b]
Hardly famous, it was a contest, I was trying to win the flashlight but made runner up. Really P.O.'d some of the other hunters at work though. Some of 'em won't talk to me anymore, thank goodness.

Borderbandit

Reaction score
I'd be betting the one guy from work that you'd talked about was really happy. lol

ltdann

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Borderbandit @ May 8 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd be betting the one guy from work that you'd talked about was really happy. lol[/b]
Funny you should mention that. Apparently the moment I left, he told my coworkers that there was no way that I'd get one, that I was a lousy hunter etc. etc. When the cell phone photo hit Monday morning, he got pretty upset and the other guys made him eat crow.

When I hung up the Field and Stream bit, he stopped talking altogether. Yep, a guided hunt is worth every penny!!! I'll get years of entertaiment value outta this and I'll never have to hear stories about how he taught Davy Crockett everything he knows.

I called all in and he's standing there with a fig leaf. Life is good.

Advertisement

Top Bottom