FREE PIGS!!!!

BirdDawg

Banned
Reaction score
It's my understanding from the local game warden that property owners can shoot hogs (day or night) if
the hogs are tearing up their property.They don't even have to buy tags..the only stipulation is they can't
sell the hogs.....they can eat them, give them away and if you are a caretaker you can hunt too.....
..I may have to check into this
and see....that boar that comes out only at night (tearing my property to pieces!!!!!) might get a big
surprize.....LOL......J/K.....really don't care to shoot a hog.....but it does seem to be opening up a new
hunting opertunity for those who can afford to own property......for the rest....well $15.00 a tag isn't so bad.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I think that day or night stipulation is only valid in certain counties, so if anyone else is thinking about getting some, you might want to check with local authorities. I am pretty sure it is the case in Fresno and San Benito counties, though.

Last spring, I spoke to an old fella over on Coalinga Rd. as he was on his way to his friend's Barley fields for a night of shooting. Sounds almost like Texas... waiting for the full moon, then hit the fields and shoot some hogs.

The bummer is, they were just killing the pests and dumping the carcasses. Nothing wrong with that from the farmers' perspective, of course, but it sure hurt my feelings after a long, fruitless day on public land.

brknarrow

Reaction score
it's called a depradation permit. show proof of damage and dfg will issue you one. your suoppose to take care of the game and contact dfg for retrivall but they usually don't want them. buy$$$ the way anyone interested in a dep hunt???

bigdaddyk

Reaction score
brknarrow, whewre would this dep hunt be located at? I might be interested.

scr83jp

Reaction score
Several years ago while at a shop getting my jeep serviced I spoke to a customer who made his living working for ranchers in the central valley shooting varmints;coyotes,hogs,ground squirrels,rabbits,etc., or anything causing depredation,it must have paid quite well as he was on his way to pick up a couple of custom built rifles from a gunsmith in the San diego area.

BigDog

Reaction score
Hey Jim. Haven't seen you post in a while. How is the albacore fishing this year?

barel74

Reaction score
$15.00 is'nt that bad? B*LL SH*T!! 5 years ago it was free. $9.00 for six tags was'nt to bad. This $15.00 is only going to cause more poaching. And, eventually cause there to be a "hog season". And those idiots in charge will put the season in Dec, when the meat tastes like crap. It's un-American to have to pay to kill hogs.

Boaring

Reaction score
A depredation hunt is supposed to be a fun outing for the boys to kill pigs. It is meant for a landowner to reduce damage to his property. I can tell you from experience that if someone from LA or wherever gets caught depredating will likely get a ticket. The only way around it is if the local warden actually issues a depredation permit to the individual the landowner designates.

Check into this with local warden before you head out.

Dwayne

Boaring

Reaction score
A depredation hunt is NOT supposed to be a fun outing for the boys to kill pigs.

That's what I meant to say.

Dwayne

pig guide

Inactive
Reaction score
As long as the landowner has a depredation permit, the person who is given permission to hunt the land ,MUST have a trepass permit on their person, and a copy of the depredation permit in their posession with their name on it. THis means that you are acting as the landowner's agent or lessee. As it is written in the law books under the Ca. fish and game laws. I operate under a dep. permit as a licensed guide. No problems. Just notify the DFG upon the harvest of the game and chances are very good that you'll keep the pig. Shoot a deer....Trust me, the WArden WILL take those every time. I've yet to be able to keep the deer.

fishingsetx

Reaction score
Hey speckmisser,

You are absolutely correct!!!! No season, No bag limit, no tags, they aren't even considered a game animal!! The only thing you need is a hunting license and a place to go. Day/night summer/winter

larrysogla

Reaction score
barel74,
Yes sirreee, inquiring people want to know why porky "tastes like crap in December". Didn't have that experience yet. Wonder why you bagged a crappie piggie??? Pigs will also scavenge dead cows & other dead animals, right??? Maybe it was an unlucky coincidence???? Anyways would like to hear your "December...." facts, theories or any input or observations of piggie behaviour, feed habits in Dec. that may explain this taste phenomenon. Thanks.
larrysogla.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom