Frenel lenses

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting some fresnel lenses from Fresnel Technologies. I want to get lenses like the ones that GloLab makes(but cheaper). Has anyone ordered lenses from them? How do they work, what specs do you ask for? How much are they?

(Edited by coyotebandit at 7:17 am on May 28, 2002)

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Go to their websight and download the pdf file on the different lens they provide.  I got some of the animal ally and the Long range ones.  I havn't fully tested them yet but they seem to be just a little less sensitive than the MS20 lens.  I get 60 -65 feet with the rspir and the ms20 lens.  about 50-55 with the long range lens from  fresnal.  You can get 50 lens for $35 or talk them out of a few samples.  They dony have just a round pattern like the glolab but they have every kind of pattern you can imagine

Archilochus

Reaction score
Actually, they do have round Fresnel lenses in many sizes.  Lots of other shapes too.  They are not listed in with the Fresnel 'arrays' intended for motion sensors.  The info is on their site somewhere.  If you can't find it, I have the PDF file and can send it along.

Archilochus

Archilochus

Reaction score
Rather than use my extra-slow mail server, I found the info on their site:
http://www.fresneltech.com/visible.html
Click on the link that says "Fresnel Lenses" in the lower part of the page - that'll automatically download the PDF file.
The lenses are listed in their "visible light" lens section - but the lenses can be made in the IR transmitting PolyIRxx material.  Give 'em a call - they're very responsive to questions.

Archilochus

<<<< EDIT - I don't know the specs for the Glolab lens off-hand.  Should be on the Glolab site somewhere >>>>

(Edited by Archilochus at 3:39 pm on May 27, 2002)

Top Bottom