Fresno/Madera County CA. Varmint

FresnoPhil

Reaction score
Hello there, I'm new and this is my first post. I am looking for experienced Varmint hunters in the Fresno/Madera County CA. area who would be willing to lead a new hunter to some "legal" spots in the area (within 75 miles) for some small varmint hunting (ground squirrel, rabbits, rodents) ... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

feelinducky

Reaction score
Welcome fresnophil.  I lived there a few years ago but don't have any good public places off the top of my head.  I'll think about it and if something come up I'll let you know.

RBittleston

Reaction score
I was blastin' rabbits just north off of the 41 in Madera.  A friend of mine has permission to shoot in the vinyards there and we had great success.  I turned one insideout with my 22-250.  The 'yote hunting is good there, but I have yet to try for 'em.

Rich

hyrider

Reaction score
When I what to pop some squirrels I like going up above Pine Flat Reservoir in the Cotton Wood and Secata Ridge areas. Which is between the Big Creek Bridge and Kirch Flat Camp Ground on the Trimmer Springs Road.  Another is the Sugarloaf area in Jose Basin above Auberry. Both areas are on public land, Cotton Wood and Secata are open year around and Sugarloaf is open from April 20th to the end of the year. You can pick up a map of the area at the Forest Service Office in Clovis on Tollhouse Road.  Good Luck!

FresnoPhil

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I wanted to know. We own a small 40 acres near O'Neals but the varmints are pretty well consumed this time of year, and the Coyote look fat ;) ... we are just looking for a little recreational entertainment and improve our skills on some rodents.

Top Bottom