FRICTION CALLS

coyotehunters

Reaction score
i have killed alot of turkeys with box calls. i notice everyone on the tv shows use slate type calls so i decided to try one.i have looked at hundreds of calls now and cant decide which one to buy.can anyone give me some help as to which is the best.

Tominator

Reaction score
Primos Power Crystal is IMHO the best production call made. I also like the Knight and Hale Ol' Yeller.
Tominator

Lankyman

Reaction score
coyotehunters,

Tominator is correct concerning some good factory calls.  If you are lookin' for an actual slate call, take a look at the Jake Slate by Lynch's.  It gives the best clucks & purrs for me.  It can be hard to use in bad weather since it a real slate call; but, I think the sound is more nature than other glass type calls.  Just give a few of them a try before you buy one.

Reaction score
Of all the friction calls I own the two that I just can't put down are my Blodgett slate and my Quaker Boy Walnut Master Series slate. If you have a few bucks then the Blodgett is what I would recommend. If not... Quaker Boy can be bought right at your local Wally World.

gobblestopper

Banned
Reaction score
Ha, you think you have issues now? Wait until you roll into a NWTF convention and there are a hundred callmakers with the "special" one. They all sound pretty darn close, know what I mean? I think the best way to decide which one is best is to pick them up and run one. Find one that you are confident in using means the world. For some reason I just dont get what I think is turkey sound out of some good calls, yet i can smoke one of my old stand by's.
I think finding a good sounding call that you have confidence in is much better than a great sounding call that you are sometimes leary of.  

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Hands down, this is the best sounding call I have ever personally used! CODY slate....They took first and second in the NWTF workable slate call category this year.

http://www.codyturkeycalls.com/

Here is their web-page.

feelinducky

Reaction score
I asked this question before turkey season and I ended up getting an Ole yeller and a bud and betty, both slate calls.  Ended up calling in and shooting my first bird with them.

Top Bottom