• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Friday at San Luis Res

Buck Hunter Vic

Took my brother & nephew fishing for the 1st time ever.They just moved here around Christmas, and finally had time to go. We left here in Gilroy at 6:30am, and was on the lake by 7:15am. Got them both set up for trolling, and within 10 minute's my nephew got his 1st striper 18 1/2". Then about 2 hr's later he caught another keeper 19". Then just before we headed in at 11:30 my brother caught his keeper and 19". So it was a great trip.
P3010007.jpg

P3010008.jpg

huntingbret

Nice catch. My brothers and I was also out there as well. Fishing was great that day despite the many boats around the trash rack. Almost everyone was hooking up on stripers. According to my fish finder, there were so many bait balls around the trash rack. As soon as we saw the bait balls, we dropped in our minnows 50-80 feet deep and before long, we were hooked up. Around 11am, we all limited out and headed home. Great day and can't wait to go back.
Oh and I think I even saw Roger George out there. He was also trolling and was hooking up on a lot of fish around us as well. For all the boats that were in our vicinity, everyone seemed to be using minnows as well.

Buck Hunter Vic

We where useing Big Hammer soft plastic bait's, in 5". They where Clear on the bottom, and Green on the top, with a Yellow stripe along the middle. We also used Chrome spoon's with white hair. It's very simular to a Castmaster, in 4".

THE ROMAN ARCHER

super nice Vic! congrats on the first time ever strippers for your bro and neph, they probley would of freeked out if they pulled up a 35 lbr monster stripper on the end of there line! Vic we got to hook up this year for some fishing or hunting bro...tra

Top Bottom