Frog Legs

SaltonSeadog

Reaction score
I fried up a pair of Bullfrogs last night. First time I had any in quite some time.
They were far better than I remembered. I wish my big brother cold have been there to eat some.
I have a bunch more, and will cook them soon. These babys eat mostly crawdads, and they are SWEET!

gc4279

Reaction score
It's been ages since I had froglegs. When I was a kid my dad use to take me north of Bakersfield on weekend dove hunts. After supper and spending a little time waiting for it to cool off we would drive the canals with a spotlight for a couple of hours gigin frogs. I think it was more fun doing that in the cool night air than the dove hunting was. Man that was good eating too

Gary C.

SaltonSeadog

Reaction score
My brother and I used to gig frogs in the swamplands and ponds of SW Mo. We would always get a bunch, but if we were lucky, we would get one or two really nice ones. I have about 20 really nice ones in my freezer right now itching to be fried.
Not many hillbillies in SOCAL harvesting them.

FresnoHunter

Reaction score
I first gigged frogs with my dad when I was about 13 back in TN. Damn they sure taste good!

ESSposse

Banned
Reaction score
Me and a buddy used to get all along the road running along side the Highline canal before the Sept. opener..... when the rabbit shootin' was slow.....
Fry 'em right in camp with a couple of cold one's watching the F-14's practice bomb the Chocolate Mountains in the evening......
Frog legs...... It's the shiznit.......

Latest Posts

Top Bottom