From the "I crap you not" file. More words we can not use at work anymore.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Head Nurse is now "Charge Nurse". Sexual connotation is the reason I'm told. On the contrary, most of the head nurses I know DO NOT make me think sexually about them.

"Header" as in fire header when the smoke billows up on the horizon. We must now call that a "fire plume". Again, same sexual connotation the hand wringers want removed. :confused:

Got any words the PC police have taken away from you?

Bossbrott

Reaction score
Probably the highest PC honor should go to Lisa Lampanelli! Gal is off the hook when she starts her yappin'!

Rob P.

Reaction score
Probably the worst thing anyone can do is tell the boss that you need to get off early because you & a friend are headed downtown to pick up some Hooker Headers in your truck.

Boys will be boyz and girls will be girlz and there will ALWAYS be someone who misconstrues common language because doing so gets them noticed. Cut the poor bastid some slack he's probably single & has a tough home life.

hunterdoug

Reaction score
I've laughed every time I hear over the radio at work, "hey doug, (or anyone) are you near the shop?"....."yes"...."can we tie in to go over that project", they don't want to say "hook up"...sounds too sexual. lol

inchr48

Reaction score
I like telling the gals at the Farmers' Market, "Nice melons" ...............................

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
Can you still call the rest room the "head"? That might be a hard one (oops, can I say hard?) for the old Navy guys to get used to not saying.

559hog

Reaction score
My "dikes" are simply diagonal side cutters now.

sancho

Reaction score
i'm a civil engineer.

we use "head" all the time..pressure head, etc.

the funny one for us..ERECTION. as in, "here's bob, he developing an ERECTION plan for the bridge".

i've developed an erection plan before. it's a hard job.

Aught-SixGuy

Reaction score
Yeah I got busted on "dykes" also. So now out of smart assery I call them "Alternative Lifestyle Pliers" lmao!

Fugaloo

Reaction score
Laugh it up, you can't even use the S word here in a thread that is clearly mis-labled.

Top Bottom