Ft Leonard Wood

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Yuo can get a 3 day pass,there will be hunting on the Ft. but you are not allowed to take a camera of anykind,you can get 3 day passes at the gate,after the check you and the vehicle out really well,then you have to get the permit and stamp to hunt or go on any areas to scout,you will have to get those at the Rec.Center after you get your pass to get onto the Ft. i stopped by there on the way home and went through the mess of a search just so i could ask info about hunting.I think you have to register your weapon with the MPs(Bow/Muzzleloader/Shotgun) before it can go onto the Ft. during season.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Just about forgot,i was talking to the guards as they searched me(real nice people) and they confirmed what i thought would be the case,Deer are so thick you cant drive without seeing them or slowing for them as they run across the roads,it will be some Excellent hunting as there is many 2-3 year old bucks and a few even older that made it through the last hunting season allowed on base.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Not having any hunting last year probably created a population explosion. We didn't take any bucks last year on one farm I hunt.  I am curious if that is going to make a difference this year.

We shall see soon.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
A buddy has some land just across the Big Piney from the fort. When the shooting starts it's like a stampede across the river. Dang near got trampled one year from 4 does. I missed a doozy buck there several years back. I was sitting on what I thought was his land when the buddy came by and said I needed to move down about 50 yards. As I moved and got ready to sit back down I caught a flash of antler in the brush. 2 big bucks were sneaking down the faint trail I was watching. They had made me and veered  off into a thicket. I had a shot at a body but passed since I couldn't see the head. Tried to cut them off on the road below and they put the Mohican sneak on my sorry butt.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I know the area you talk about,it is one of the back gates,J highway?

Top Bottom