Fuji 90

Bloodhound

Reaction score
Hello everyone this is my first post to the group. Been reading for a quite some time and i am building trail cam now.. I have the pir circuit done but need the planes from Jaggermax on the Fuji 90. Could someone please E-Mail them to me.. Thanks in advance..¤¿¤

Bloodhound

Reaction score
I have a fuji 90 that when film is loaded it advances to the end.. Question is has this happened to anyone else and how was it fixed.. Any help would be great.. Thanks in advance.....ô¿ô

IAbowhunter

Reaction score
I hooked up the three wires for the camera and can't make the camera fire. Do I need to only make it a two wire hook up or what any input would be helpful. Thanks!!!

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi IAbh,
Well... I've never used this particular cam... but the 3-wire method should work on just about any camera.

First - double, triple, and just for the heck of it, quadruple check all your soldering / wiring.

When testing, first connect the 1/2 shutter press wire to the 'common' wire.  Then connect the full shutter wire to the already connected 1/2 & 'common' wires.  This mimics the action of the shutter button.  On some camera models (notably the Owl series from Canon), you can just hook the 1/2 & full wires together and touch them to the 'common' wire.

Note that on some cameras leaving the 1/2 & full wires shorted together will cause an increase in power consumption!  I think it was Brian who mentioned this in relation to (maybe??) the Fuji 90.

Also.... If you accidentally hooked the wires up out of sequence - this can cause the camera to "lock-up" (this happens on the Owls).  The only way to clear the error situation is to remove the batteries and turn the cam on.  Let it sit a minute and re-install the batts and try it again.

Good Luck!,
Archilochus

kmitch

Reaction score
I've done several Fuji 90's and put up some instructions on a website. Here's the link if you did not have it already. Fuji 90. With the Fuji 90 it seems to make no difference between a two wire hook-up and a three wire hook-up. I use a three wire connection to be compatible with my OWL's. I sometimes find the need to interchange. To make the camera fire the common is connected to the other two wires. This can be tested before the camera is re-assembled. If you are trying to do this the limit switch that detects the shutter door position must be tripped to simulate the door open. If you use a three wire connector the camera side is connected with one wire to each connection. The other side of the connector, the side coming from the PIR or timer relay has the common connected to the camera common and the other two connected to the other two terminals and jumpered together. Contact me if I can help.

Keith

IAbowhunter

Reaction score
My test all worked....without being hooked up to the PIR, I can touch the wires in any sequence and it will fire. I put an owl behind the same PIR and 5 volt reed relay and it worked... I tried all combos of the wires hooked to the reed....the common by it's self...the two  other connections pre shorted and any combo you can think of in between.

I've re read and pre thought it all....all I can think of is the reed isn't shorting all the wires together...that I'm getting some kind of lag to the camera...it never fails the moment i take the camera off....I take the leads together and they short...it fires. I must say I do prefer the dependable OWLS!!

well any more suggestions? Anyone else USE the FuJi 90?

Thanks!!

tomtruck

Reaction score
hi, i have soldered a jumper from the white wire to the purple and then run one wire off of either side out of the camera along with the ground wire of course and it has worked great, only 2 wires coming out of the camera

IAbowhunter

Reaction score
one more thing, I set the PIR to alarm and it fires...5 times actually....all in a row. Am I over looking something simple or is it somehow in the on mode am I not getting a proper short to fire this camera?

Well I'll tinker some more tonight....the ole Lady won't be happy!!

tomtruck

Reaction score
what does it do when it is on chime? i usually have the ones i build on chime

IAbowhunter

Reaction score
That's the main problem, in Chime it does not work, in alarm it works with every "tone shot" 5 times in a row...unhooked I short all the leads and they make the camera fire...

So I'm not sure what my problem is.

kmitch

Reaction score
Wish I could help but sounds like you are using the RS PIR. I've always used the MS20's. If the cam will fire when the leads are connected the cam hook-up should be OK. Start troble shooting where you know things are working right, then go forward one step at a time. Cam connector, PIR connector, PIR output, etc.

Keith

tomtruck

Reaction score
just by chance is the sensor bad itself, i have had one that about drove me crazy, i rewired and rewired and rewired and turned out to be a bad pir

Archilochus

Reaction score
Well.... now that some of the obvious stuff is out of the way (the cam / sensor batteries ARE good - yes??).... time for more details on your setup.
What connections are you using to drive the relay??  Any timers??  Etc??  need information....

I suspect you're using the speaker connections to drive your relay (??)  If so... that might be the beginnings of your difficulties.

Archilochus

Latest Posts

Top Bottom