FUJI DISCOVERY 90

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
I just got a couple of Fuji Discovery 90 with date cameras for my game cam.  Have any of you ever used this camera in your cam?  If so, what connections are needed to tap into the shutter control?  Thanks in advance.  

K

Keith

I use a Discovery 90 with my game camera but I operate mine with a solenoid in lieu of tapping into the shutter circuit. The nice thing about the Discovery 90 is it doesn't require any type of refresh to keep it active. I would be interested in knowing what's required to operate it directly from the PIR circuit.

Keith

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
I think I am going to go with the solenoid also.  I dont think I want to risk trying to hook up another camera I am not familiar with.  I bought a cheap Vivitar Date camerat from Walmart, took it apart, and then was stupid enough to place my finger on the flash capacitor probes.  I had to change my pants immediately afterwards.  I also just bought a Juji Discovery miniDUAL plus camera off EBAY.  Very nice camera, but the damn thing has a 5 minute shut down period, so I don't know how I am going to get around that, since you have to hit the power button again to turn it back on.  Any ideas???

BamaNative

Reaction score
Keith,
Does the Fuji 90 have the same problem as the canon's resetting after a 3 minute relay closure.  I guess the best way to test this is to hold the button down for 5 minutes or so and then release it and see if the camera still works.

coyotehunters

Reaction score
I HAVE A USED FUJI DISCOVERY 90(NOT MODIFIED) THAT I AM NOT GOING TO USE. SOMEONE MAKE ME AN OFFER IF YOU NEED IT.

coyotehunters

Reaction score
if no one is interested in this cam i may use it myself if someone could help me out with the wiring.does anybody use these cameras if so what are the problems with them. thanks for all the help

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Coyote, I will send you some pics I have showing how to hook it up.  Will get them to you tonight.  

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Check your email coyote.  If anyone else needs the pics, let me know and I will email them to you.  Sorry that my website is still down.  

coyotehunters

Reaction score
i have a fuji discovery 90 that i am going to put in my next unit. i see on some of the post about this camera that a refresh pulse is required. i left the camera on for 10 hours and pushed the button and it took a picture. is that long ehough to assume that this camera actually doesnt need a refresh pulse.anyone else using this camera. how well do they work.

Bloodhound

Reaction score
coyotehunters, You are fine with that camera I have 3 of them and they all work great..

bradleydale

Reaction score
Bloodhound,
Do you have any info as to how to wire it up? Earlier post stated this camera did need a refresh pulse. Wallyworld did have tons of these cameras.

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
well this is what i found...wired up...by my standards..lol     works great for the first take..then the button needs to be released and then it resets again...wont do if ya solder the 2 c's together...then in the center ya have fingers there kinda alternate like fingers ya have to touch solder one side..away from center to small place there then solder to the 2c's there to make flash and shutter work...but it wont release and reset...and watch out for that g@$%  @#$%m capacitor...sob... it has some power...trust me follow jess's directions ."tape over" he aint ur friend.....i tossed it to the neighbor...owl pf qd only ..target 49.99  sears 59.99  some internet sites but if ya mess up ya can personally take back before ya mess the housing up..  :O) FYI thanx steve

Stever

Reaction score
bohunter think you could post a picture of that wiring diagram and a picture of the electronic board where you soldered?

Bownut

Reaction score
I've read where several of you guys have wired this camera and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction with the wiring.  Also how is the flash.

God Bless

coyotehunters

Reaction score
I HAVE A FUJI DISCOVERY 90 THAT HAS THE DATE BACK THAT DOESNT WORK.I HAVE ONE THAT WORKS BUT HAS NO DATE.CAN I CHANGE OUT THE BACKS SO I WILL HAVE THE DATE FEATURE.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I doubt it, there must be something in the camera body, maybe a little tunnel with mirrors, to direct the date image onto the front of the film somehow, and I doubt the company would spend the money to include it in a camera without this feature, altho you never know, it won't hurt to try, I bet the door would fit.....

Tinhorn

Dbworld

Reaction score
I think it would work.  I believe the date is actually exposed backwards onto the film from the behind.  When the pics are printed they are frontwards.    

MBullism

Reaction score
does the non-date cam have the connection posts on the body?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom