Fujifilm Date 60 AF

passgas55

Reaction score
I was at WalMart looking for Owls (I guess all the Owls are in the woods) and came across a Fujifilm Date 60 AF for $30. It has auto wind, date stamp,(didn't notice if it was time)auto flash, self timer(should mean electro shutter). Went to their web site and they have on line manuals.Email them with a whole bunch of questions. I even asked for a internal wiring drawing which will be a slim chance I'll get. Has any one tried this camera? I am still stuck in the 35mm  stage.   Thanks.

passgas55

Reaction score
Never mind , notice that cam was check out on cam page . Seems to be pain in butt. Might play with it.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Unless you want to connect a solenoid up to it, you might want to think twice.  Since the shutter mechanism is mechanical and not electronic like most of the cams talked about on this site, you will need a strong solenoid to trigger the camera.  I looked at them the other day at Walmart and got all excited about them until I pushed the shutter button and heard the mechanical "Click" sound.  It's not impossible to make it work, but it is difficult.  

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi pg55, jaggermax,
I have 2 AF60's as trail cams, and I would say don't use them!  They do not have a mechanical shutter, but they do have a few other irritating problems which are described on jesses page somewhere.

Archilochus

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Doh!!!!  PG listen to ARC and ignore my post.  I went grocery shopping last night at Walmart and while I was there looked at the cameras again.  Arch is correct when he said the 60 does not have a mechanical shutter.  Before, I picked up a cheaper Fuji Camera that had a mechanical shutter and mistook it for the 60.  I looked at the 60 last night and it has an auto power down feature which will be trouble.  Sorry for the confusion guys.  

passgas55

Reaction score
Fuji emailed me back and said that cam has a mechanical shutter. That was a surprise to me since it had a timer on it. It goes to sleep after 5 min. They said for me to get in contact with their service dept. for a wiring drawing.I think the next time I am in town, a new Canon owl PF date will be bought.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Fuji 60 AF is electronic shutter.
Please don't use this camera. This camera needs a refresh circuit to keep it from going into a sleep mode.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi pg55,
Don't ever take the word of the techies from the camera companies!!  They seem to know less than we do about their own cameras!  At least that's what I've found to be the case.

Archilochus

Top Bottom